Chapter 11

Issabella

After everyone had their fill of torturing me, I was dragged to the dungeon. It smelled of filth and death. The stench alone was enough to suffocate. Upon entering my cell, I was shackled to the wall with my hands above my head with silver cuffs.

After the guard left, Dr. Logan came in with an IV bag on a pole.

I kept my head lowered and didn't acknowledge his presence.

'Now now Bella, I hope you didn't think it would be over so soon. Adrian has something special for you tomorrow' he stated with amusement.

I didn't respond and kept my head lowered as he approached.

'This bag contains a solution of hemeopine and saline. It will heal you, but it will take the remainder of the night to do so' he stated as he connected me to the IV.

After he was done he turned to leave, but not before smirking at me sinisterly.

'Get some rest, you'll need it' he said before calling the guard to lock my cell door.

Once they were out of sight, I finally removed the blocks from Ezra.

'Issa, don't do that again!' She screamed at me.

'I'm sorry Ezra, I wouldn't have been able to tolerate both your insisting and the pain'

'Issa, next time even if you don't allow me to share the pain with you, at least let me be there for you, I felt so powerless. But because I respect your wishes, and I gave you my word, I didn't and wouldn't push against the blocks. But, if you block me like that again, I will break through Issabella. We are in this together'

Hearing the promise in her words, I conceded. 'Fine, I will never block you in that way again'

With that, we were quiet. Both of us lost in our thoughts of the events that transpired today.

'What do you think he will do next Ezra?' I asked.

'I don't know Issa, I didn't think he would have done what he did today. I'm sorry, I didn't know he could be this cruel' Ezra replied somberly.

'He's blinded by his love for Elliana, and his rage of the lives lost that night. They were after me, and he thinks it's my fault Elliana lost her parents' I told Ezra.

'Stop making excuses for them Issa, you were a pup, you couldn't have done anything to prevent their deaths. This packs treatment of you is not your fault' Ezra insisted.

While I knew she was right, I also understood why they do it, it didn't make it right, but I understood none the less.

'I just hope he is ready to spend the rest of his life making up for what he's done when he finds out we're his mate. But after what he did today, I wish he wasn't our mate. I don't want him as a mate. He doesn't deserve us. Adrian doesn't deserve you'

I was shocked, I've never heard of a wolf that doesn't want their mate. Yet, Ezra was right. Adrian didn't deserve us, but I love him. I want to give him the chance to repent and be the mate I know he can be. I want him to love me just as fiercely as I love him.

'Issa, why don't you let me take over. Since you took the pain today, I know you need rest, but you won't be able to with the position our body is in. I'll let you know when they are back, please let me at least do this' Ezra pleaded.

I agreed and relinquished control to her and faded into the background. I allowed my mind to go blank, and while I wasn't able to truly rest, I did feel better.

Hours later, Ezra called my name so I can take over. The guards are in my cell ripping out my IV and removing the shackles from my wrists. Upon them being by removed, my body fell, my legs and arms giving out from being in the same position all night.