Chapter 46

Adrian

'Let's go for a run' Kain said to me as I left the library after learning what I had to do from the books. I agreed then headed toward the back exit.

As I made me way, I realized that the pack was in a frenzy, apparently word had gotten out that Bella has gone missing.

'Excuse me, Alpha?' I stopped when I heard a voice call. I looked for it's owner and saw that it was Martha, one of the pup sitters.

'Yes Martha?' I asked my impatience showing.

'I don't normally listen to gossip, but I heard that Bella is missing. Is it true?' She asked, her green eyes shone with tears, her weathered but still alluring face depicting her sadness.

'Yes Martha, it's true. We are doing everything we can to bring her home, where she belongs' I told her sincerely.

'I hope so, the center is not the same without her' she said as her tears fell.

I placed a comforting hand in her shoulder, 'We'll bring her back, I promise'

She smiled sadly at me before going off to her destination.

I then continued to the back door and went outside toward the forest. After passing the tree line, I undressed and shifted, shaking out my fur before taking off.

My mind was buzzing with possibilities, all of them revolving around what I'll do when I finally have my Bella again.

'We have to make it up to them Adrian...we fucked up badly, I just hope they see how much we regret our mistakes' Kain told me as I ran aimlessly. I had no particular destination in mind, I just needed the freedom of running in wolf form now.

'We will make it up to them, after the bond with Elliana is broken, I hope there's a small fragment of our bond to them left that we will be able to detect' I told him.

My hope is that the bond isn't broken beyond repair. Even though I felt it disintegrate upon their acceptance of our rejection, I hope there's still something there, just being dampened by my bond to Elliana. I just need a thread, and I can win my Bella back.

As I continued my run, I caught a hint of Bella's scent. It was faint but there. As if she visited the area often. I took in my surroundings and saw that I was in an area secluded from the rest of the surrounding forest.

There were herbs of all types planted and some of the surrounding trees have dents in them.

'This was their training ground' Kain told me.

'Training ground? What do you mean? I know she made potions, but why would she need to train for that?' I asked.

'Don't you feel the magic in the air? It's faint but lingering'

As soon as he said that I felt it. An underlying buzzing in the air.

'But how?' I asked.

'She's half witch, Marcellus and Elliot said it themselves, I think she has the ability to use her magic not just create potions. If so, then she trained here' he explained.

'So she probably had the ability to use magic all this time?'

'That's my guess, Adrian' he replied sounding proud of them.

We lapsed back into silence then, both of us absorbing the information.

She is a lycan, she has had her wolf for years, she has the ability to use magic, what else can she do?

They're magnificent.

'I wonder what Ezra's form looks like' Kain said.

'I bet she has the same blue-grey fur as their lycan form' I said.

'I think so too' he said before retreating to the back of my mind.

After spending some more time enjoying their scent, I went back toward the pack house promising to revisit the area and possibly get some clues another time.

When I got to where my clothes were, I shifted and went inside. It was close to dinner time so everyone was preparing to go to the dining hall.

Adrian, you need to attend dinner, I have an announcement. My father told me through mind-link.

'I'm going to shower first then I'll head there'

I immediately went to my room and removed my clothes before taking my shower.

I haven't seen Elliana all day, and for that I was grateful. I don't want to deal with her right now, not when my mate is out there somewhere.

'We have to break the bond tomorrow Adrian, I don't want to be tied to her anymore'

'I agree, I'll tell her after dinner'

I finished my shower and got dressed before making my way to the dining hall.

Upon entering the hall, I head to my place next to my mother and Elliana.
Elliana made my plate and poured my drink so I didn't have to do anything.

Before I sat down I nodded to my father then kissed my mother's cheek before pecking Elliana on the lips. It felt wrong but I had to for appearance's sake.

'We have to talk later, Eliiana. Meet me in my room after dinner' I told her.

She nodded excitedly and smiled.

Her reaction confused me, but I paid it no mind.

My father then tapped his glass to get everyone's attention.

'Thank you all for being here, I have a few announcements to make' he said before looking around at the pack to ensure he has everyone's attention.

'The first is, Issabella is missing. On her birthday, she shifted and ran away. Which brings us to our other announcements–Marcellus and I will traveling to other packs in an effort to find her. Amelie, Lucas, and Tristan will be with us. I will be leaving Adrian in charge, with Thomas and Gregory to support him since they are the future Beta, and Gamma, I know you will be in good hands. We will be leaving after dinner and will be back as soon as we have any information, but we are expected to be gone for a few weeks. With that said enjoy your dinner' he ended.

Everyone gave a chorus of 'Yes Alpha!' Before going about their normal routine.

Now I can look freely for her myself. I hope she isn't too far away. Is she safe? Does she have shelter?

'Adrian, I'm going to go to your room now' Elliana told me after a while.
I looked at her puzzled but was too absorbed in my thoughts to care.

'Okay I'll see you shortly' I told her.

I wonder what she has planned.