Chapter 55

Issabella

I was sluggish, barely eating because I was banned from eating with the rest of the pack, and I was hit if I tried to take anything to eat from the kitchen, to make matters worse I have not been able to sleep for almost a week now due to my body being in too much pain for the tension to release. I tried to avoid everyone, but for some reason this hallway is crowded.

'It's almost time for dinner, and Alpha Elliot is also coming back today from his meeting. Everyone is excited to have their leader back' Ezra reminded me.

I wasn't paying too much attention to my surroundings, because if I was, I probably would have been able to dodge the person that tripped me, causing me to crash into Elliana.

'You fucking bitch! How dare you touch me!' Elliana shouted at me, I looked up at her to see her face contorted in rage.

I then looked at her companion, by his scent I knew it was Adrian.

'Babe, this bitch touched me with her filth! She needs to be punished' she said in a sickly sweet voice as she  batted her eyes at the man that stood almost half a meter above her.

'You're right love, let's have her cleaned up and placed in a cage, we wouldn't want her filth to spread now do we?' He responded, causing the others around to snicker.

'No please, it was an accident, I tripped I didn't mean to bump into you I swear it!' I pleaded, looking at Adrian, hoping he would see the truth of my words.

'No you pathetic fuck, you need to learn your place!' She yelled still fuming.

Suddenly Thomas and Gregory came to my sides, picking me up and bringing me to the cellar while I struggled. Once there I was thrown to the ground and a large basin of cold water was thrown upon me. Then I was picked up again and brought to the back of the dungeons that held cages. I tried to pry myself from their arms, but I was weak from the lack of sleep and proper nourishment.

They threw me in a cage that forced me to sit in a hunched position before locking the cage door.

Then Adrian came again.

'So fucking pathetic, now you'll stay the night out here like the dog you are. Maybe you'll learn to never touch your future Luna again!' He screamed at me with so much venom in his voice and hatred in his eyes, that I shrunk away from him. He snarled at my actions and turned away leaving me in a cage, outside in the cold, while I am wet.
My heart broke a little more.

What did I do to deserve this?

My consciousness was taken away from that memory, and began to stir.

'Where are we?' I groggily thought to myself as I came back into full awareness.

'Somewhere with Lex' Ezra's tired voice replied.

'Were you that exhausted?' I asked Ezra.

'I wouldn't say exhausted per se, but, after running hundreds of kilometers, and having Lex's warmth surround us, of course I was relaxed enough to rest' she retorted seeming offended by my question.

'I didn't mean anything by it Ezra, it's just...sleep is not an easy thing for either of us to come by, yet since left that place' I couldn't help the disgust that was apparent in my tone when I spoke of that pack, 'we have been getting more sleep, even though I still have nightmares' I finished, hoping she understood I meant no offense.

'Maybe our body knows we're safe now? Regardless, I was comfortable in Lex's arms, so I fell asleep and here we are'

I chuckled at her cheekiness and finally opened our eyes, when I realized we are still in Ezra's form in the main cabin of an aircraft of some sort. We were laying on plush blankets and surrounded by fluffy pillows.

After cuddling into the blankets some more and enjoying the coziness of the space, our ears twitched at a sound coming from what I assume was back of the aircraft. Looking toward the sound, we saw Lex back in his human form.

'Ah, my beauty. I see you're awake. Is Ezra awake as well?'

I felt Ezra push forward to observe with me. I nodded at his question, even though I knew he'd know by our silver tinted brown eyes.

'Okay Angels, I have some clothes for you to wear so you can shift, and I can answer your questions. How does that sound?'

I yipped happily, our tail wagging at the prospect of getting answers.

He chucked, and led us to the bathroom. Though it was small for this form, it had everything we needed, and on the sink was another dress, with underwear and slippers.

'I'll give you some privacy, when you're finished come back the main cabin. I'll also get something for you to eat' he said with a smile and leaving us.

I quickly shifted into our human form and stretched, before heading over to the wash basin and using the given items to clean myself up before getting dressed and combing my hair.

'Trying to look our best for our mate huh?' Ezra teased.

I blushed, 'Oh be quiet, you'd do the same' I retorted.

The process didn't take long, but I felt better, the dream memory buried itself back into the recesses of my mind.

Exiting the bathroom, I found Lex in the main cabin, the pillows and blankets that were in the center was removed, in its place a cart with various foods, trays, serving tables, and glasses were next to the seats.

Lex's eyes found us immediately and gestured to the seats in front of him, while his blue rimmed grey eyes followed our form all the way to the seats.

'Go on and eat love, I had a little bit of everything brought for you, since I wasn't sure what you would be in the mood for' he told me, his smile unwavering.

I did as instructed, placed a tray on the small serving table that I saw and filled a plate with food, before facing him.

He had a serving table as well, with a tray and plate filled with food so I wouldn't have to eat alone.

'Okay my loves, what would you like to know first?' Lex asked, a hint of fear crossed his features.

'What type of vampire are you Lex?' I asked. That is the question that Ezra and I wanted to know first.

He sighed before looking us in the eyes.

'My loves, I'm a primordial. One of the five original vampires'

A/N: Sorry for the late update! I will update again very soon!!!

(っ^▿^)