Chapter 20

Adrian

We sat in silence a while after. Everyone lost in their own thoughts.

I decided it was time to tell them about Kain's assumption.

'There is one thing I didn't mention before, Kain told me that he believes Bella has had her wolf for years' I said.

'What do you mean? Why would he assume she has had her wolf for years?' My father asked, visibly shaken by the news.

'I'll bring him out, ask him yourself' I stated then immediately gave control over to Kain.

Kain

When Adrian gave me control, I simply looked at his father, letting him see and feel my displeasure.

Ezra, my Ezra, this asshole wants her to die.

'Hello, Kain. As you know, Adrian told us that you think Bella has had her wolf for years. Why?' Elliot asked me.

'Hello to you as well Elliot' I stated, not acknowledging his status of Alpha.

How could I when he wanted Adrian to kill my mate?  My Ezra?

I saw his jaw clench, but he chose to disregard my disrespect. Unlike Adrian, I don't care about appeasing Almalic.

With that thought, I proceeded to answer his question. 'When Adrian saw Bella and I recognized Ezra, her wolf, as my mate. I felt the force of the mate bond immediately. I thought I was in love with Elliana, and I agreed with  Adrian and the pack's treatment of them. Instead of feeling her hurt, I felt her disgust. She despised Adrian and I for our treatment of Bella. She felt nothing but hatred and anger for this pack. I don't think the amount of hatred or disgust I felt coming from her is possible unless she was there with Bella while she went through it'

I looked over at Marcellus. He was as pale as a sheet. My gaze shifted to Thomas. He tried to hide his fear but failing miserably.

The atmosphere was tense. The implications of what we've done coming to light.

Elliot groaned and said, 'We'll meet tomorrow morning. We need to rest and come up with a plan'

I nodded curtly and gave Adrian control. I needed to be alone with my thoughts, to think about everything I've done, and allowed them to do to my mate.

Adrian

When Kain gave me control I immediately stood to leave.

'What time should we meet here in the morning?' I asked as I made my way to the door.

'8:00 am' he responded simply.

I nodded my acknowledgment and left. Once in the hall I made my way to my room. I needed to take a shower and think. I didn't pay attention to my surroundings, my body immediately went on autopilot as I was lost in my thoughts.

How could he insist I kill her wolf, if he knew she was a Lycan?

I always thought he wanted her wolf to die so she could suffer for what she caused, for the night that we lost so many. Now, I'm not so sure.

How do I know he didn't have some other plan?

'Kain?' I tried to connect to him, but I felt him retreat deeper into my mind and block me out.

I sighed inwardly before taking in my surroundings. I was in front of Bella's door.

Why did I come here?