Chapter 58

Adrian

Where am I? I asked myself before I realized my surroundings.

Apparently, I was at the pack training grounds. I heard people behind me, so I turned toward their sounds.

What I saw tied my stomach in knots and made me realize I was observing a memory.

My heart broke as I watched the familiar scene. Bella was sixteen years old, and our treatment of her has begun to take its toll.

Initially, it was verbal abuse from most of the pack, the physical abuse began shortly afterward. From using her as a target, to outright being the recipient of the pack's rage, I saw the frailty of her form. Though she is banned from eating outside of pack meals, she ate enough to be sustained and at a healthy weight. But I remember her missing meals as well.

Could it be because she needed to heal and didn't have the energy to eat otherwise?

I was taken from my thoughts by the sound of my own voice.

'Look at the pathetic bitch' I sneered watching as Thomas grabbed my Bella by her hair and lead her to the middle of our training grounds.

Elliana looked at me lovingly, taking twisted pleasure from what they are doing to my precious mate.

I tried to stop them, though I knew the effort was futile.

I felt disgusted with my actions and even more so with the pitiful cunt my memory self held.

'She really was a sadistic bitch' I said to myself, coming to terms with the fact that I was blinded by my infatuation with her.

I tried to pull them away, but I couldn't touch them, I couldn't engage, I was just an observer. Watching what I allowed them to do to the person I truly love.

Unable to do anything I watched on. They dragged my precious mate to the center of the grounds where a group of ten warriors awaited her. I had a disgusting smile on my face, yet even back then, I couldn't bring myself to do anything to her myself. I guess it was the mate bond at work.

'Gentlemen,' I said as Thomas pulled her up even higher by her hair, causing more tears to flood down her cheeks. She looked over at the memory me then, her eyes pleading with me to stop, her face a warped representation of pain. However, like the twisted fuck I was, I smiled at her, a smile that held no warmth, but a promise of worse.

'I was told that you all needed something to practice your new techniques on. Since you all keep breaking the punching bags. I am here to offer this' I said gesturing to Bella, 'cur for you all to use'

They all smiled as they walked toward her. One then grabbed her arms taking her from Thomas' hold as another took a fighting stance in front of her. She looked at me again, her heartbreak visible from her gaze.

She wanted me to save her, to prove to her that I wasn't the monster I seemed to be in that moment. But, like the fiend I was, I just smiled at her. At which time they began their beatings. They punch, kicked, grappled, and flung her. She took it all, occasionally looking to me for help. Instead I just watched. I watched as the blows became too numerous for her fragile form to handle.

I finally told them to stop when her beaten, bloodied form was unconscious, and her face battered and bruised. Throughout it all she screamed and begged, asking them to have mercy on her. But no such leniency was given. I saw the mirth I held when I saw how she was left.

I felt sickened by my behaviour.

But I wasn't done. I ordered her to be doused with scalding water.

Thomas and Gregory did the dousing after some of the warriors turned her on her stomach.

I was pleased when the water hit her and she awoke from her unconscious state with an agonised cry.

The water stripped some of her beautiful golden skin where it landed, primarily on her back and legs.

We laughed. We all laughed including me. Elliana stepped toward her then, as she tried to crawl her way from us and kicked her. Repeatedly. Over and over until my Bella was curled in a ball whimpering.

When she had her fill, she walked toward me, getting on her toes and planting a kiss to my memory self's lips.

'Take this bitch to to the infirmary so she can get patched up. Father returns tomorrow, and I want her in her room before then' I told the group before leaving with Elliana.

I didn't even wait to see what they did to her, all I know, is that while I was fucking Elliana that night, those pleading eyes instilled themselves within my mind.

After that day, she never screamed again, never showed emotion again. That was the day her mask was formed, that was the day that the only thing about her that showed emotion of any sort was her eyes.

The memory faded and as my consciousness drifted to the abyss, thoughts of what I witnessed assaulted me.

I did that to my mate, the one I was to love and cherish.

All because I listened to my dickhead father.

But no more.

I have to win my mate back. Bring her back where she belongs. I'll spend the rest of my life making it up to her.

However I fear it's too late.

Nonetheless, I have to try.

A/N: Sorry for the late update! I will upload again soon!