Cinderella (1)

**

Jisoo looked to her phone, vibrating on her kitchen island. Her brow furrowed as the text notifications come fast and furious. She wiped the bread flour from her hands and picked up the phone to read.

Lisa: Do you want marinara or tomato basil?
Lisa: Jisoo
Lisa: JISOO
Lisa: THERE IS A WOMAN SO PRTY OMG
Lisa: JISOOOOOO

Jisoo stared at the barrage of all caps texts from her sister. She rolled her eyes and typed back.

Jisoo: I'm in a relationship, Lisa
Jisoo: It's very serious. Jennie. You've met her multiple times. We live together.
Lisa: omg she looked at me
Lisa: hdgahjg

Jisoo's brow furrowed deeper as she stared at the keysmash.

Jisoo: Are you ok?

When Lisa didn't reply, Jisoo followed up.

Jisoo: Are you having a stroke?

There was a pause and Jisoo was about to follow up again when Lisa's message appeared suddenly.

Lisa: Jisoo the most beautiful woman I've ever seen is going down the same aisles as me at the grocery store and we keep making eye contact and smiling what do I do

Jisoo was perplexed. She opened her mouth and then closed it, realizing Lisa couldn't see her.

Jisoo: Do you NEED to do something?
Lisa: She's so pretty

And that was when it finally sunk in.

Jisoo: Wait - is this a woman for you?
Lisa: What?
Lisa: She's getting pasta too
Lisa: She asked me a sauce question and I sounded dumb
Jisoo: Picture
Lisa: What?
Jisoo: Send me a picture.

There was a break in the rapid fire texts, and Jisoo imagined Lisa dorky laughing at whatever this mystery woman was saying. Jisoo's eyebrows rose at Lisa's next text.

Lisa: That would be super creepy
Jisoo: Creepier than texting your sister a play-by-play of her shopping trip?
Lisa: Valid
Jisoo: Ok
Lisa: She's checking out, hold on

Jisoo waited, and then she got the image. "What in the..." Jisoo muttered to herself. She quickly typed a reply.

Jisoo: That's a blurry picture of a shoe
Lisa: I chickened out
Jisoo: Did you get her number?
Lisa: No
Jisoo: Her name?
Lisa: No!!

Jisoo frowned, feeling genuinely sorry for her sister.

Jisoo: I'm sorry. Maybe you'll run into her another time

There was a long pause.

Lisa: Yeah.

***

Jisoo and Jennie stood shoulder-to-shoulder in their master suite bathroom, brushing their teeth at the single vanity. Jisoo spit out her toothpaste, rinsed her mouth and turned to Jennie. "Did you think Lisa was weird at dinner tonight?"

"A little," Jennie said, putting toothpaste on her brush. "Kinda mopey." She started to brush her teeth.

"She texted me from the grocery store about a woman." Jennie's eyebrows arched, offended, her brush still in her mouth. "Not for me, for her," Jisoo assured and Jennie's brows fell. Jenny spit out the toothpaste and rinsed her mouth.

"Since when is Lisa into ladies?"

"Oh, she had a raging crush on this girl in high school, but to my knowledge she's never acted on anything."

"Huh," Jennie replied. She pumped some lotion onto her palm and rubbed it into her arms, following Jisoo into the adjoining bedroom. "So, did she hit on this lady and get rejected?"