Adorably Scary

**

Summer had finally arrived in Seoul, the entire town celebrating its arrival by sunbathing and having picnics in the park, trying to soak up as much of the glorious sun as they could before it disappeared again and the dreary weather made its return.

Chaeyoung sat near a tree at the edge of the main park in Seoul, reading a book she had recently bought, her sister sat to her right in the cool shade the tree provided claiming that she 'could think better in the shade' but Cheyoung really knew it was because she was still trying to fight off the remnants of a hangover. Every so often she tore her gaze away from the crisp pages to focus on the endearing sight of her girlfriend chasing after her one year - old puppy, tugging the sleeves of her sweater down as the summer breeze occasionally brought a light chill across the park.

When the Park sisters had picked up Lisa, Chaeyoung couldn't help but notice how the puppy's adorableness paled in comparison to her girlfriends. Despite the sun shining brightly through the light clouds dotted around, the deputy had chosen to throw on a sweater that was slightly too big for her (one that Chaeyoung would soon find to be her new favourite to wear to bed when staying over at Lisa's place). In that moment, Chaeyoung thought that there couldn't be anyone cuter or more perfect than her girlfriend.

"I don't see how people think Lisa is scary. Like that creepy Tucker guy came up to me the other day and told me that he thinks she is but I just don't see it!"

Alice shifted against the tree she was leaning against and offered a suggestion, "Maybe because she's a cop?"

Chaeyoung sighed, "Okay, but she has sweater paws! SWEATER PAWS! C'mon is that not adorable?"

"Sweater what?"

"Sweater paws, you know, when the sleeves of your sweater are too long and cover your hands, they kinda look like paws."

"Okay..." Alice shook her head to clear the confusion her sister had caused her before speaking up again. "Maybe people think she's scary because she flipped a man twice her size over her shoulder the other week."

"Well isn't that adorable," Chaeyoung glanced at the girl they were talking about, swooning over her strength and passion for protecting people. It made Lisa more lovable in her opinion, as well as the way she was currently playing with her puppy.

At this comment, Alice simply gaped at her younger sister, and proceeded to stare at her with feigned disgust at how in love Chaeyoung was with her girlfriend. She was truly happy for her, and prepare for all hell to break lose if someone said she wasn't, but it was so sickeningly sweet sometimes that she had to take a break, or at least dilute the lovesick atmosphere with some witty sarcasm.

After a few minutes, Chaeyoung spoke up again whilst looking at her girlfriend enjoying a game of tug of war with the mini Australian Shepard,

"I would let her flip me any day." The blonde smirked, imaging her girlfriend's muscles straining under her sweater, biting her lip at the thought.

Alice huffed in annoyance when she saw this and swiftly got up and collected her things.

"Hey, where are you going?"

"I'm going somewhere where I don't have to look at you and your girlfriend making heart eyes at each other every five seconds. I'm not as oblivious to all  the eye-fucking as I seem!"

And with that she briskly walked down the path that lead into town. Chaeyoung watched her retreating figure, giggling to herself until she was out of sight. When she turned back around she was met with the sight of brown eyes filled with adoration staring down at her, paired with her favourite dimpled grin.

"What are you laughing at cutie?"

Chaeyoung shifted towards Lisa as she sat down, moving her head to rest on her girlfriend's shoulder as the puppy laid across their laps.

"I was talking to Alice about you and I guess she got fed up with how lovesick I sounded." That set off another round of giggles; they both knew how much Alice wanted to throw up at the sight of them from being too sickeningly adorable.

"I've never seen her leave like that," Lisa spoke up when they had finally settled down a little. "Pretend to throw up when she thinks we're not looking, sure, but leave? What did you say that finally broke her?"

Chaeyoung smirked at Lisa's questioning eyes before answering,

"I said that you could flip me over any day."

It wasn't the comment that caused the brunette to start blushing, more the wink that followed. Chaeyoung had this ability to make her blush, no matter the place or time, and she both hated and loved how much control it meant the older girl had over her.

She was brought out of her thoughts by a firm lick to her hand from her puppy, and when she glanced back up she was greeted by the sight of Chaeyoung biting her lip, a coy smile gracing her lips. Lisa knew that look. It was a look that made her start packing up all their stuff at lightning speed, attach the leash to her puppy's collar, and drag a giggling Chaeyoung by the hand back to her jeep.

---

Ctto