Soulmark

**

When Chaeyoung was 8, a dark line of words appeared on her skin. She was excited, everyone was when theirs' appeared. What appeared were the words her soulmate would first say to her, but Chaeyoung didn't know what those words said. It was something Chaeyoung had never heard before.

When Chaeyoung had showed her mother, she clicked her tongue, went to one of the drawers in their kitchen, and pulled out a black band made of wool, shoving it onto Chaeyoung's upper arm, covering the words.

"You are never to take this off," she had said to her. Chaeyoung nodded, like she was taught to when an adult told her to do something; but when she got to school she would rip it off, shove the band into her pocket, only to put it back on at 3:30 when her mom would pick her up.

It wasn't until middle school, seventh grade, actually, that she heard the words on her arm being spoken. Not in her context, though. There was no,"What the-", the was only a,"Did you fucking see the new episode last night? It was crazy!"

And, it was spoken by a boy.

Chaeyoung didn't think her soulmate was a boy.

~~

When Chaeyoung was 18, she quit the Church of Latter Day Saints, left Australia , and moved to Korea instead, studying music for college. She liked it there, it was always loud and no one looked at you funny if you were acting strange, so unlike Chaeyoung's small little town.

Chaeyoung got a job at a Starbucks and was actually pretty good at it. It kind of helped crave the need for caffeine that built up over 18 years, too.

Chaeyoung kept the band on, her slurred arm something that could offend customers.

~~

Chaeyoung was 20 and still working at Starbucks, still working towards her music degree and career. She met a girl , dated her for five months until the girl found her soulmate, and left Chaeyoung.

~~

When Chaeyoung was 21, she gave up on finding her soulmate and wore the band all the time.

~~

When Chaeyoung was 22, she finished college and had an interview with a label. That morning, for the first time in a year, she wasn't wearing her band, having lost it some time the night before.

That was when it happened.

She hadn't met to run into her, but Chaeyoung was busy checking her phone, making sure she had to the right floor, right room, right interviewer (some person named Lisa Manoban), not willing to risk making mistakes today.

That was when she ran into the brunette girl with a four cup coffee holders, conveniently holding four scalding cups of coffee, which spilled over the woman carrying them.

"What the fuck dude!" The girl snapped at Chaeyoung, trying to wipe the burning coffee off her shirt and pants before it could seep through.

Chaeyoung froze, unbelieving.

Of course, of fucking course this would happen to Chaeyoung on the one day she needed to be paying attention, was all that was running through her mind

"Can you speak!" The girl scowled at Chaeyoung.

"This is so not happening right now," Chaeyoung was finally able to get out. The girl froze too, Chaeyoung able to hear a low,"Fuck," afterwards.

The woman straightened up, holding out her hand with a sheepish expression,"Hi, I'm Lisa Manoban."

Ah fuck, of course her soulmate would be the girl supposed to be interviewing her today.

Chaeyoung took her hand, just as sheepish,"Park Chaeyoung."

Judging by Lisa's face, she knew who Chaeyoung was.

She let herself glance over her soulmate, taking in what she looked like.

If she still believed in God, she'd be on her knees, thanking him right now.

Lisa, was, for a better term, fucking hot. Her eyes were amazing, chocolate brown eyes (Chaeyoung swore she saw eyeliner around her eyes), her hair black and long and very shiny. She was tall and sexy, but made it work.

So, yeah, Chaeyoung's soulmate was beautiful.

~~

Two months later, Chaeyoung was signed to the label, and living with Lisa. As soon as she saw Lisa's fireplace, she had taken the black band from her suitcase, thrown it in, and watched it burn, Lisa smiling like a dork from the kitchen doorway at her.

~~

One week after that and Chaeyoung had shown Lisa off to everyone she possibly could: Jisoo (her friend she made from her Starbucks days), other friends, her parents and sister, even the mailman (Lisa scowled at that one).

Chaeyoung had also found out where Lisa's soulmark was and that she only first found it after their fifth date. It was on the inside of Lisa's thigh it was also very sensitive, so sensitive that Lisa squirmed and arched when Chaeyoung had time to explore it.

---

CTTO