Bet

**

Lisa swore that her best friend was trying to kill her. Chaeyoung Park was standing in their dorm room in just a thong and a lacy black bra. She was holding up different dresses, chattering about outfit choices and date venues, but Lisa was barely listening.

She’d had a crush on her best friend since they were in high school and for the most part she was able to push it aside and live her normal pining lesbian life, but sometimes…

Sometimes Chaeyoung decided that she had to spend two hours nearly naked, figuring out which dress was suitable for a formal, but not too formal, first date in a nice, but not too nice, restaurant, with the handsome, but not too handsome, Jungkook. And Lisa was just left staring and drooling, then chastising herself for objectifying her friend. Her friend who would never ever see her that way.

“Hey! Earth to Lisa!” Chaeyoung’s voice cut through her self-pitying tirade.

“What? Yeah, sorry, um I like the red one.”

Chaeyoung looked at the two dresses in her hands, one blue and one black. “Bruh.”

Lisa’s cheeks flushed pink. “Um, ya know, I really have to see them on.”

“Oh! Of course! You haven't seen these ones yet!” Chaeyoung tossed one of the dresses on to her bed and then slipped the other over her shoulders.

Lisa felt a pang of disappointment as the fabric covered her body, but it was quickly eclipsed by total gay panic when Chaeyoung turned around and beamed at her. The black dress was simple, with thin straps and a thigh slit up the left leg. It was low cut, showing off Chaeyoung’s chest and the silver flower pendant that Lisa had given her years ago.

“So what do you think?”

Lisa let her eyes wander for a moment as she mentally tried to re-find her ability to speak. “Yeah I think that’s the one. You look stunning.” Miraculously, her voice didn’t shake.

Chaeyoung grinned. “Great! I’ve been wanting to use this one.” She busied herself at the mirror, tying up her hair into a half ponytail and slipping in simple silver earrings.

“Ya know Lis, we really have to get you a date.”

Lisa’s head snapped up. “What??”

The blonde rolled her eyes. “Oh come oooon! You haven’t dated anyone since that disastrous Miyeon back in highschool. It is beyond time for you to get back out there. This is a liberal arts school you know. I think every other girl is some variant of gay. And a few of them are quite good kissers.” Seeing Lisa’s wince at her words, Chaeyoung grinned into the mirror.

“Come on! I know you’re a useless lesbian and all, but come out with me tomorrow night. I bet I can find you a girlfriend.”

Lisa’s shock had turned to indignation. “Hey! I don’t need you to find me a date!”

Her best friend turned back to her, one eyebrow raised. “Oh yeah? Can we talk about the fact that Tzuyu had a crush on you for two years and tried to ask you out and you thought she was just being nice?? Or how about when you and Miyeon first got together! She asked you to dinner and you didn’t know you were on a date till she had you half undressed in her bedroom!!!”

Lisa huffed and crossed her arms. “That was different! I can get my own girlfriend thank you very much.”

A mischievous grin spread across Chaeyoung’s face. “Bet.”

“What.” Lisa’s eyes widened and she immediately dropped her arms. “What??”

“Bet! Prove it. Come with me tomorrow night and find yourself a date.” Chaeyoung was nearly nose to nose with her best friend, feeling warmth coil in her belly. She’d always loved antagonizing Lisa like this. She loved seeing the way she could never back down from a challenge. The determination in her eyes. Her gaze flicked down to Lisa’s lips for just a moment before she pulled herself away.