I Dont Love You Like I Used To

****

Streaks of light from the full moon stream in through the thin slits in the blinds. Lisa’s tired eyes fall on Chaeyoung who is currently laying with her head on Lisa’s shoulder, her arm loosely thrown over Lisa’s waist and a soft smile tugging at the corners of her mouth. And she makes up her mind then and there.

“You have to help me.” Jisoo stared blankly at Lisa who stood just outside her front door, her eyes just a tad bit wider than normal and her fingers tugging at a loose thread on her jacket.

“I have a shovel in the garage,” she provided as she took in Lisa’s demeanor. Lisa glared at her pointedly, momentarily forgetting what she was meant to be doing. Jisoo grinned at her proudly before stepping aside and letting her sister’s girlfriend into her home. “Why do you need help and why do I need to help you?”

“Because you’re my friend, and Chaeyoung’s sister, and I also have blackmail.” Lisa had her fingers crossed behind her back as she stared intently at the smaller woman and tried not to cave under her piercing gaze. Jisoo’s nostrils flared and she clenched her jaw just the slightest bit to let Lisa know that she wasn’t happy about it, but nodded anyway. “I brought this,” Lisa added and pulled out a small lion plush, “for Ella, obviously, not for you.”

Lisa stepped out of her office and into the living room, having been worried by the lack of sound from her girlfriend and said girlfriend’s niece. As she stepped further into the room she felt her heart melt at the sight before her. Chaeyoung was laying on her back, her head propped up by the arm of the sofa and Ella lay nestled comfortably on her chest, her tiny hands gripping Chaeyoung’s shirt. She took a picture and sent it to Jisoo before she tucked a soft throw over the pair and headed back to her office.

“Why didn’t you go to Jimin for this? I’m sure he’d be more helpful,” Jisoo questioned as she held the ladder as Lisa reached into a tough corner.

Lisa brought her arm down and looked down at Jisoo, her eyes blinking slowly before she went back to her previous task. “Because you’re my friend, and this doesn’t feel awkward, well you just made it awkward but it wasn’t until like a minute ago.”

Jisoo looked up at her skeptically. “You just don’t have any blackmail on him, do you?”

“Well that,” Lisa huffed, “And you’re still my favorite of Chaeyoung’s siblings. Now hand me the next string, will you.”

She walked by the store as she walked back to work from her lunch break. She hadn’t really noticed it before, but she walked by it every other day and only now she realized what it was. She stopped and turned back around to step into the beautifully lit storefront. She browsed for a few minutes before she was approached by a sales clerk dressed in a dark suit.

At the end of the day she returned to the store and left with a sterling silver band adorned with a simple princess cut diamond.

Lisa and Jisoo sat around the coffee table, Lisa holding Ella loosely in her lap as she sorted through the sheets of paper on the table.

“Did you draw all of these?” Jisoo asked as she placed the chosen images into a photo album. There were quite a few drawings and photos gathering on the pile she was organizing and she had to admit that her sister’s girlfriend was an extremely talented artist.