Dream Prom

***

As Roseanne sat in the hair salon chair getting pampered by the hairdresser, her thoughts wandered back to when Lisa talked to her about prom night.

-Flashback-

“Rosie! It’s great that you’ve moved here this year and we’ve become so close. Now we get to do all the senior things together! Football games, Homecoming, and oh! Prom!! I can’t wait for Prom!”

Roseanne had only been attending this new school for two weeks and she definitely felt lucky to have met Lisa. She was the class president and had to show her around on the first day. She was nice enough to invite her out for coffee after school. As the days passed she introduced her to all of her friends and soon enough Roseanne was technically one of the cool kids. Something she definitely wasn’t used to.

Their friendship had become closer and closer as they hung out more and more since the first day. Now they both felt totally comfortable just sitting in Lisa’s room on her bed.

Roseanne laughed, “Lis, Prom isn’t until the end of the school year. It’s months away.”

“I know, but haven’t you been dreaming about your senior prom night your whole life??” Lisa asked with pure excitement in her voice.

“Well, to be honest, no I haven’t. But what do you dream your prom will be like?” Roseanne asked.

Lisa’s face lit up as she described her perfect prom night. “Oh just magical! You know, like in the movies. Me coming down the stairs to my date who awaits me with beautiful flowers. We take gorgeous pictures together and then head to the dance where we dance all night long. Then of course the after party where hopefully things get a little kinky if you know what I mean.” Lisa winked.

“Oh wow, Lis. You’re really all in on that movie scene prom.”

“Yeah, I probably have my hopes up, don’t you think?” Lisa asked.

“Well if Jungkook is who you plan on going with then absolutely, yes.” Roseanne said, without even thinking first. Lisa’s face fell and she immediately regretted it. “I’m sorry, Lis, I shouldn’t have said that it just slipped out.”

Lisa sighed, “it’s okay Rosie, I could tell you don’t really like him. I don’t think he likes you either to be honest, but I don't get why. You’re amazing.”

Roseanne’s face lit up at the compliment from her friend but she still felt bad for what she had said and ruining Lisa’s bright mood. “I’m sorry for saying that, Lisa, really,” she put her hand on her friend's leg, forcing Lisa to look up at her, “I really hope you get the perfect prom night you’ve dreamed of. No matter who you go with.” She said honestly.

“Thanks, Rosie,” Lisa smiled kindly at her and then went off to change the subject to discuss the football game that night and what their plans were for afterward.

-End Flashback-

Roseanne couldn’t help but smile at how far they’ve come since that conversation on Lisa’s bed those many many months ago. She knew even then that she was already crushing on Lisa. I mean how could she not? She was so beautiful both inside and out, Jungkook never deserved someone so pure and wonderful.

She remembered her chest felt light after she found out Lisa was a virgin, like her, and never let Jungkook touch her. The idea of it made her sick. Jungkook was such an asshole that she hated the fact that they were ever together. It still bothers her when she sees him, which is unfortunately quite often considering they go to the same school.