Whipped

**

The rehearsal was no easy feat with Jennie running the floor. Every waking moment not spent in classes or doing homework was devoted to perfecting the routine due to their leader being an unapologetic slave driver.

On this particular afternoon, the squad were going over their choreography again, attempting to tighten up the dancing and fix any little issues that arose. Chaeyoung was focused on her moves when she misstepped somehow. Her right ankle twisted over to the side and within moments she was dropping to the floor, holding the offending ankle in her hands as she hissed in pain. The squad, noticing Chaeyoung's movement, stopped the rehearsal. All eyes fell onto Chaeyoung.

"Are you alright?" Lisa didn't hesitate to get down on the floor with her, her hand falling on top of her girlfriend's.

Midway through the semester, Chaeyoung had drunkenly confessed her feelings for Lisa and the freshman returned her sentiment. Jennie had watched disapprovingly as the two of them exchanged sloppy, inebriated kisses, disgusted at the sight. But now it was several months later and even Jennie was okay with the now established relationship between Lisa and Chaeyoung. They didn't let it distract them from practice and it solved the treble issue, so long as they could keep Jisoo away from the guys as well.

On the floor beside of her, Lisa pushed Chaeyoung's hands away from her ankle so that she could get a better look. Inspecting the joint, she noticed that it was already looking red and swollen.

"I should be fine!" Chaeyoung all but shrieked, desperate to continue the routine.

Lisa looked sternly at her, knowing that despite her eagerness to continue where she'd left off that Chaeyoung's ankle was in bad shape. She winced guiltily before she pushed her fingers hard against the blonde's ankle, causing her to scream out in pain.

"Yeah, I don't think you're fine. You should sit out and ice your ankle. Missing a day of rehearsal won't set you back; you've got the routine down anyway." Lisa reassured her, her hand moving to push her girlfriend's hair out of her face.

"Um, excuse me, Lisa, but you don't call the shots around here." Jennie butted in, her hands on her hips as she looked down at the two of them on the floor. "Chaeng, you okay?"

"I think I can—"

"Great! Places, everyone!" She clapped her hands together excitedly.

"Uh, no." Lisa stood up, moving daringly toward Jennie with a serious glint in her eye. "Chaeyoung's not going to continue with rehearsal. You heard the sound she made when I touched her ankle, she has no business dancing on it."

Jennie chuckled. "Oh, Lisa. I get it. You're trying to be the protective girlfriend and all that. It's cute, it is. Really. I mean that." Why did Lisa not believe her? She didn't seem very sincere and Jennie hadn't really been a fan of her from day one. Even though she and Chaeyoung have been dating away, she doesn't think Jennie is necessarily too fond of her.

"Chaeyoung said she thinks she can do it." She said with a sense of finality.

Her eyes flickered to her friend on the floor, who nodded slightly. Jennie leaned down and extended her hand to help Chaeyoung up. The girl wobbled a little bit on her ascent.

"I just don't think it's a great idea." Lisa stood her ground.

"Are you a doctor?" Jennie prompted in her usual flippant manner.