Better With You

**

Chaeyoung Park has accepted that she will spend most of high school invisible to the general population. Sometimes being invisible is a blessing. Chaeyoung 's never been particularly showy and she's never really thrived on being the center of attention at any event. She doesn't make a lot of noise, she has her group of friends to sit with at lunch, does well in most of her classes and for the most part spends any time not with her friends, or in class, holed away in the art classroom.

She just feels more comfortable away from the spotlight. At most of the gallery openings her art has been featured in its been easy to slip away into a corner and watch people admire her work. She gets good enough grades that her teachers don't mind that she doesn't participate in the class discussions. Her friends are loud enough to make up for her quiet nature, and Jisoo alone is brash enough for both of them and then some. So she gets away with a decent amount of anonymity.

That being said...

This is still high school. And teenagers are still in the process of learning compassion and how not to be a huge dick to everyone who is even the least bit different.

So when a few guys who just got onto the football team think a good way to solidify their place in the social hierarchy is to yank out her earbuds as they pass and holler "Move, Paintstain !" and shove her out of their way. She's not that surprised.

It takes her a minute to haul herself and her heavy backpack off the floor, but when she does she takes a minute to stare after them. It's only like four of them (although with the way they stampeded her it felt like more) and they're all dressed in their brand new green and white varsity jackets. Just to make sure she checks over her ripped jeans, white tee and cardigan to make sure she actually doesn't have a paint stain. Chaeyoung makes the decision to shake it off and keep walking to History class.

The football players are sophomores at most, so it's probably just the adrenaline at being picked for the team. This kind of thing never happens often. In reality she's really not that far down on the food chain. She's friends with a good chunk of the popular kids, the ones who are smart and nice, and going places. Unfortunately, the kids who tend to do shit like that to girls like her are the ones who are below the popular kids on the social pyramid ...and trying to move up.

Chaeyoung hustles a bit at this point because class starts in less than ten minutes and as she's reviewing civil war facts in her head for the pop-quiz she just knows Mr. Kim is going to dish out, the double doors behind her open. The air shifts and Chaeyoung is graced with a stunning sight.

Lisa. Manoban.

The whole hallway seems to turn as the Queen of Seoul High saunters through with her entourage. Perfection incarnate glides through the halls in her cheer uniform. Long, pale, muscular legs stride and her short short swishes, drawing Chaeyoung's artist's eye up to a sliver of skin below her top that shows a bit more with each step forward and begs to be painted (licked, touched).

And her face .

Chaeyoung has spent hours sketching that face. Plastering it onto every spare piece of paper she could find since she first saw in in the fifth grade the year Lisa transferred to Seoul Elementary and summarily took over the school. Has studied Lisa herself. Longed for years to stroke a high cheekbone or run her fingers through glossy black curls Pantene models would kill for. Memorized every word she said and move she's made over the years with the devotion of a religious zealot.

Lisa is flanked by Jennie and Irene both equally flawless and intimidating. The slow motion entrance seems to slow even further and gorgeous brown eyes cut over to Chaeyoung. A small smile alights on full lips when she sees Chaeyoung gaping.