Kiss Me

**

Lisa let out an audible sigh of relief as she walked into her apartment. She dropped all of her things by the door and kicked off her shoes vaguely in the direction of the shoe rack and that was good enough for now. She was exhausted, like fall asleep standing up exhausted. 

She’d been invited to attend a medical conference with her advisor and she had jumped at the opportunity. And it really had been amazing; she’d gotten to sit in on panels of experts discussing experimental new treatments, she’d gotten to see and handle cutting-edge biomedical technology, and she even got to actually have a conversation with some of the top medical specialists in the country, if not the world. But it had also meant sixteen hour days and airplanes and being away from home (Rosie) for five days, which had kind of sucked. Well, more than kind of.

So she was dead on her feet when she arrived home. She practically dragged herself over to the couch and immediately flopped face down into the cushions with a groan. 

“Lisa?” she heard Rosie call out from another room. 

She just groaned again and turned her head so she wasn’t smothering herself anymore. She heard Rosie’s quiet laugh filter down the hallway and then all of sudden there she was, padding into the room. She was in a t-shirt and sweatpants and she was wearing fluffy sucks and she had her glasses on and oh , Lisa had missed her so much. 

“Hey, Sunshine,” Rosie grinned.

Lisa rolled over and sat up so Rosie could sit down. As soon as she had, Lisa immediately dropped her head into Rosie’s lap and looked up at her. Rosie was smiling down at her as she started to run her fingers through Lisa’s hair. “How was it?” she asked.

“It was so cool, baby. I met so many new people and oh! They’re in the process of developing this like, well it’s a pill but it isn’t actually . It’s pill-sized technology that a patient can swallow and it will monitor their digestive tract and it can detect anomalies in their abdomen. Which is just— wow , there are so many things that can help treat, it’s amazing,” Lisa exclaimed before she seemed to deflate, “But I am so tired .”

Rosie snorted, “Do you wanna go lay down?”

“I am laying down,” Lisa retorted,

“I meant in bed,” Rosie rolled her eyes, “With a proper pillow that isn’t my lap.”

Lisa nuzzled her head against Rosie’s lap and smirked up at her, “You’re pretty comfortable.”

“Well, I’m glad,” Rosie said, “But if you’re that tired, I think you should take a nap.”

“Will you nap with me?” Lisa widened her eyes and pouted slightly.