Butterflies

**

“Hey, Lisa,” Chaeyoung called out falling into step with the brunette. “Walk me to class?”

“Chaeyoung, you are already walking and you know where you’re going. How could I do that?”

“Add it to your list, Lis,” she says softly tapping a finger to the tip of the girl’s nose before looping her small arm through a lankier one. “It’s a figure of speech. It means walk with me and keep me company on the way.”

“Oh,” Lisa says taking the time to consider her words. “Ok.” She pulls her phone out quickly typing out Chaeyoung’s explanation in her notes.

They reach the classroom and help themselves to desks next to each other in the front of the room. Lisa pulls out a folder and a small notebook and places them neatly in front of her while Chaeyoung watches with a smile. Her elbow is set on the desk holding her head up with her hand giving her full view of the other girl.

“Hey,” she says with a nudge of her foot to get Lisa’s attention. When she turns her head she goes on, “I’m really happy you decided to take this class with me.”

“You wouldn’t let me say no,” she replies matter-of-factly.

“Really? That doesn’t sound like me.”

“Chaeng, you begged me every day until I signed up for it.”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about,” she says with a playful grin.

“You said, ‘Lisa, please! Art therapy would be so good for you, and as a bonus I get to be the aide for the class, so I’ll make sure you don’t fail.’ And then you would wink at me, everyday. How do you not remember this?” Her impression of Chaeyoung wasn’t even close, but the words were true.

The blonde began to giggle and she put her left hand on Lisa’s desk palm facing up. “I’m just messing with you, Lis. Of course I remember, it’s just too fun hearing you tell it.”

Lisa’s hands instantly went to Chaeyoung’s where she begins to lightly tug and trace at her fingers and into her palm without a thought. She giggled slightly too when she said, “Right. I should have known when I saw that silly smile that you weren’t being serious.”

“What? This one?” Chaeyoung points to her mouth and shows off straight, white teeth with an exaggerated goofy grin and wide eyes.

With a full laugh, Lisa shakes her head. “Not that silly, Chaeng.”

Her laugh is so beautiful and contagious, the blonde can’t help but join in with her. They happily sit giggling and Lisa’s fingers idly playing with the hand in front of her until the bell rang signifying class to start.

Chaeyoung got up and helped by passing out the day’s assignment while the teacher went over it with everyone. She spent the class going from student to student assisting when needed and encouraging and praising all the great work she was lucky enough to be around.

When the next bell rang, it wasn’t only to to end the class, but to end the school day. Chaeyoung and Lisa grabbed their things and headed out the door to their lockers. After exchanging the books they needed for any homework they fell back into step next to one another.