Sticky Notes

**

Close to your heart day by day

I care if you're happy

I can feel every drop

You are the most beautiful thing I believe

Their favourite song was heard playing softly in their ears as they shared the pair of earpiece, a small smile on both their faces, the sound of the guitar strumming and the angelic voice masked the whistling wind and the crickets around them. They both stare out into the sky as they watch the sunset slowly, they watch as the world slowly purple down into darkness.

Lisa turns to her left and watches as the orange light shine on Chaeyoung’s face, her blonde hair gently blowing in the wind. The latter didn’t notice her friend was staring at her side profile with heart eyes and a love-struck grin, she was too caught up at staring at the setting sun as she tried to mask her sadness from her break up with her lover.

Chaeyoung looks down and watches how the cars and lamp post glowed in pastel pinks and rose-petal reds, though they were around six storeys up above ground, it feels like they were just a storey or two above ground.

Chaeyoung’s hand wrap around the warm the cup of tea and she closes her eyes to bask under the orange sunray shining at her, it feels nice to be able to do this after being robbed away from the chance. Suzy – her ex-girlfriend – wasn’t a fan of basking under the setting sun and watching the sunset, only Lisa – her best friend – was a fan of such activities.

Lisa tucks the loose strain of hairs that fell behind Chaeyoung’s ears and let her fingers linger on Chaeyoung’s ear for a bit before pulling them away.

Chaeyoung turns to Lisa and gave her a small sad smile, this made Lisa’s heart drop. She knew her best friend was going through her first heartache, the pain of losing someone that you think loves you as much as you did.

“You deserve better,” Lisa whispered out as she turns back to staring at the setting sun, the sky has turned bright orange – her favourite colour.

Chaeyoung turns to Lisa and lets out a soft chuckle, she hung her head low and shake her head, “no.”

“you do,” Lisa said as she smiles. Chaeyoung raised an eyebrow and let out a soft scoff before she turns to look at the sky, it’s now turning a little to a lighter shade of blue.

“you’ll find someone better,” Lisa breathes out as she sways to the rhythm of their favourite song – they both grew up listening to this song and loved it ever since they first heard it. Chaeyoung nods her head and agreed softly, she hopes she’ll find someone better.

“If you can’t find someone better, then do you want to be together with me?” Lisa asked as she turns to Chaeyoung with a soft smile, her eyes carried nothing but love in them. Chaeyoung turns to meet Lisa’s heart eyes and she let out a small smile, her heart skipped a beat when she sees the love that her best friend’s eyes carried.

“If I still haven’t found someone better when we hit 30, maybe I’ll consider that idea,” Chaeyoung replied with a smile and Lisa nodded her head.

The two 18-year-old best friends stood there by the ledge of the roof, staring at each other with a smile on their face, they both felt their heart skipping a beat and the all too familiar feeling of crushing for someone was there.