Inspirations

**

Chaeyoung's fingers plucked at the strings of her guitar as she sat on her bed with one leg stretched out in front of her and the other folded under her elbow. She lazily tuned the instrument, strumming for some inspiration or some motivation to play let alone write a whole song.

A pen and a stack of papers on her night stand had been left completely unused for days. She was due to come out with another song and she couldn't write one to save her life. She just couldn't find the inspiration.

Finally after what felt like hours, she groaned and put her guitar down and stepping into bathroom. She turned the water on, letting the shower steam up before stepping in and letting the hot water hit her back and shoulders as she contemplated what to do. She needed to get another song out or her manager and agent would have her head, but her mind was stagnant.

As she stepped out, she thought even longer and harder about her predicament. Her head started to hurt with how hard she was trying to find inspiration for her next song. She groaned again, wrapping the towel around her body and stepping out of the bathroom. She'd hoped the hot shower would clear her head but whatever deity was in charge of her motivations decided to block the flow of ideas today.

Chaeyoung clicked on the TV, not bothering to change it from the first channel that was on and started to dry herself off, starting with her hair. She had pulled her jeans on and grabbed a shirt out of her drawer.

She paused when she heard what was on the TV, and looked up. An WMMA fight. Chaeyoung had boxed in previous years, and she was pretty damn good at it. She missed it, not to lie, but she had to give it up for her music career. Especially for her own mental integrity. She was an all-or-nothing kind of girl, and she couldn't give her all to her music while also giving her all to boxing. So, as a compromise to herself, Chaeyoung had gotten into watching WMMA and boxing matches on TV.

"And the next fighter, new to the world of WMMA but absolutely killing it with a winning streak, she goes by Lalisa!"

Chaeyoung barely heard the announcer when a set of pretty brown eyes were cut to the screen. She stared at the screen. She had seen this fighter a few times, weeks ago, and was just as entranced the first few times. Her brown eyes bored through the screen as if she were looking directly at Chaeyoung. She held a carefree smile that showed off dimples in her cheeks,

Chaeyoung didn't pull her eyes away until those brown eyes were gone.

Without really thinking about it, her fingers were already around the neck of her guitar and she was strumming on the strings. Her fingers found a rhythm and she bobbed her foot a bit to keep the tempo. She hummed along with her strumming, her eyes occasionally glancing up to see those eyes.

By the end of the fight, Lalisa had won by knock out and Chaeyoung had two full sheets of notes and possible lyrics. Lalisa' smile was displayed beautifully across her TV screen and Chaeyoung couldn't help but stare.

'I think I just found my song.'

-

Lisa groaned, falling to the bench in the locker room.

Her best friend, Jisoo, shoved a towel and a waterbottle in her face. "That was a good fight Lisa."

Lisa shrugged, lazily scrolling through her Twitter feed. "Could've been better."