Hair Braiding

**

Lisa would sit behind Chaeyoung in math. A class she hated going to, but went anyway. She told herself she was there to get better SAT scores but everyone knew it was because of Chaeyoung. Even though they were dating now Lisa hated the thought of Chaeyoung having a class without her so when they scheduled classes Lisa made sure they were together as much as possible, even if their teachers would split them up because they were distracting the rest of the class.

Chaeyoung came from her art class which was one of the only ones the decided to be apart for because Lisa’s creative writing class happened at the same time. Chaeyoung would always come to math with dust from chalk or paint on her hands from whatever project she had been working on. It was one of the little things that Lisa loved.

Their math teacher hadn’t caught on yet and Lisa always took a seat behind Chaeyoung. She had the option to sit right next to her but this way she could play with Chaeyoung’s beautiful blonde hair.

Today they were learning about limits. Chaeyoung seemed to be taking diligent notes or doodling, Lisa wouldn’t be able to tell until after class when she would ask Chaeyoung to explain the lesson for her.

Today Chaeyoung’s hair was somewhat neat and clean, Lisa assumed she had showered this morning and shook her head to get her mind out of the gutter. To pass the time she decided to braid Chaeyoung’s hair.

She started at one side and began a very complicated braid along both sides of her head. This process took up all her concentration and she didn’t even notice when Mr. Kim had called on her to answer a question on the board.

“Ms. Manoban! Lalisa!”

Lisa jumped as she was torn from the pattern she had been creating on Chaeyoung’s head.

“Yes, Mr. Kim”

“What are you doing that is more important than math Ms. Manoban?”

“Braiding Chaeyoung’s hair”

Lisa said matter of factly without skipping a beat. Mr. Kim immediately sent her to the Principal's office and Lisa left the classroom head held high with Chaeyoung trying to stuffle her giggles.

Lisa had no regrets, anything was better than math and she made Chaeyoung laugh.

--------------

Ctto