Chapter 56: Deals With Devils.

“No you dumbas.s!! the glucose hydrolyses before it goes into the mitochondria because its molecule its too dam.n big you buffoon!! It’s called the glycolysis!! it happens so the pyruvic acid, which FYI is the reduced form of the glucose, the product of the dam.n glycolysis if you will, can penetrate the mitochondrial membrane!! so the KREBS cycle can occur!” I explain for the tenth time to Noah.

“...so..why does it go in anyway?”

“excuse me?” I hiss,

“I mean what’s the point of all of this? The KRABS cycle, the mitochondrial membrane, and the pubic acid, why?” he asks confused,

“No no no no!!” I scream and then groan “it’s the KREBS cycle, and pyruvic acid. P-Y-R-U-V-I-C acid you idiot!!” I hold my head with my hands on my face. I cannot believe it’s been two hours to explain this to him. I need to get going tomorrow I gotta be in New York and to be able to process anything Mr.oh-so-well-connected-and-multi-zillionaire-Welsh proposes, I need my twelve hours of uninterrupted sleep.

Mr. Mathis Welsh, BTW, is a very very very wealthy man. He owns the multi-billionaire company, Welsh Security. Providing the country with high-tech devices of all kinds. From security cameras for the White House to CIA gadgets to flash discs. Everything. He was amongst the top three eligible bachelors of USA. Not New York, or Hollywood, but USA. I’m surprised I hadn’t heard of him, then again I don’t take it upon myself to know everyone, all I need is just some of them. Ten tops, so I won’t look like an idiot in front of them, with my ‘family’.

Back to pubic acid-dam.n it I mean the pyruvic acid. “Noah what were we studying since,” I check my watch, “two hours and half?” I take deep breaths.

“cellular respiration..aaahh..” he nods, “there you go champ, now can you tell me what is the pyruvic acid?” I ask sweetly,

“it’s acid of the element pyruvic?” he tries and I scream. Literally. “I’m sorry I told you I suck, you shouldn’t have suggested to help me!!”

“I do not care, when I commit to something I do not back down, even if it’s making understand biology.” I murmur the last part. “you help in english literature and Physics and I’ll help you in Biology and Chemistry. That was the deal.” I get up and get a new piece of paper and start drawing for the eleventh time.

“So if AMP plus a phosphate ion gives up ADP, which means…”

“Adenosine diphosphate!” he answers correctly,

“so if we add a phosphate ion to ADP, what do we have?” I ask, crossing my fingers,

“Triple, which means Adenosine Triphosphate... ATP?”