Chapter 15: The marathon

Chapter 15

I went to the teacher to ask her something “hey Mrs. Dryle I’m Alyson Court.” 

“Ms. Court is there something you didn’t understand ?” she says in a cold tone. 

I feel like we’re gonna get along pretty quickly. Note the sarcasm. 

“I was just wondering if I could use my iPod while running” I ask “Since I started running I always have music in my ears, so I kind of feel like I’ll feel disoriented if I don’t have it.” she smiled at me but I could feel the hostility she’s shooting me with her look. 

“well, like Mr. Morgan said we’re here to learn to be in control of our body, and how are you going to achieve that if you let music control it?”

is she for real? This bitch here is telling me to give up my music because of some stupid goal that wasn't even mine?? Hell no! I want my music! Fuc.king who.re I’ll deal with her later. 

She extended her arm and opened her hand in a demanding way “iPod. Now.” She demands. 

I swear if she wasn’t a teacher I’ll be happy to rearrange her face. Not that it would normally stop me whether she’s a teacher or not, but I kind of want to finish this school year without too much drama so I can get the hell out of here.

So I took my iPod and gave it to her, I was glaring at her the whole time and went running. 

Noah and Alexis slowed down for me to catch up with them. 

“what is it?” asks Noah noticing my change of mood 

“that wh.ore took my iPod!!” I answer. 

“sorry Aly” says Alexis knowing very well I can’t function without my music.  

He chuckled.

“you think this is funny as.shole?” 

“yeah it kinda is” 

“I’ll kill you Noah in right here right now if you don’t stop laughing” he laughs even more. 

“sorry to burst your bubble but you can’t keep up with me Al” now it was my turn to laugh in his face.

“you think you can outrun me?” I ask between my laughs. 

“er...yeah” he says like it was the most obvious thing ever. 

“you wanna race to prove it?” he asks “alright at three” I says immediately 

“1..2..” he counts 

“3” we both say at the same time. 

And we ran really fast like our lives depends on it. people kept shouting because we ran by them too fast we scared them.

When I run I have the habit of forgetting about everything that’s around me, or bugging me, it was just my alone time with my thoughts and myself in general. I’d put my earphones and blast some old music like Guns N’ Roses, The Beatles, Johnny Cash… and just run. 

No worries whatsoever, just the wind blowing in my face, trying to keep my breathing normal, well what’s normal when you’re running, instead of frantic and it really just clears my mind. I feel like I left all my problems behind me and I’m safe as long as I keep running. It all started that dreadful night. The night when I found out that no one in this whole word can be trusted. And I mean no one. 

So I tried to focus on that, the part that I’ll be safe if I kept running, and I knew that it’ll give me the push I needed to show Noah that I can beat him.