Chapter 21: The next Houdini

Chapter 21: The next Houdini

Since its Friday, it meant that Alexis and I had photography class.

In this school there are some compulsory classes but some of them are of the student’s choosing. So I chose Photography because when I was a kid me and my fath..my sperm donor used to take a lot of pictures and It’s stuck so I thought why waste my talent? 

Mrs. Gibson, our teacher, she’s really cool; not like most of the teachers here, she’s open and outgoing and such a hippie. I actually enjoyed this class.

“Class, since it’s been a while talking about the techniques of photography: the lightning, the backgrounds, the angles, the tools needed to provide a better picture, to improve the capture, to get your feeling pass easier to the person who’s seeing the picture captionned.” she says motioning around with her hands. 

She took photography very seriously and I saw it as a mere passion. 

“So Today I wanted to tell you, that I have a little surprise for you”

oh god...

“you’ll be assigned in pairs to work on a project”

great…

“the topic is of your choice, I don’t want to push you or obliged you to something you don’t feel like doing, but it will be graded based on the things we learnt, I’ll be focusing on grading your techniques, your skills at lighting the surroundings Etc. feel free to use the school tools” she says.

“oh you can just get the pictures from the computer or anything else really we still have the laboratory getting fixed so we won’t be learning how to actually ‘make’ pictures in the darkroom until a couple of weeks later, so ...you’re off the hook, lucky bastards!” she says smiling, and we all laugh. 

The bell rings dismissing us “you have two weeks!!” she shouts.

Great. 

“so what will be our theme?” asks Alexis as soon as we got out of the class.

I thought for a minute and then I smirked at her “oh no, Alyson I know that smirk!! You’re up to something!” she starts to panic.

“And you’re gonna help me do it” she groans. 

It was a beautiful day today, sun is out, no clouds so we decided to have lunch out, I was eating on my way to our table outside. 

“you can’t even wait up till you sit to eat?” he asks rhetorically knowing full well the answer.

“you tell me, Noah” I say mouth full.

He chuckles shaking his head “hey Walter! I’ll trade you my salad for your fries” I say, he chuckles with a smirk on his face. 

“salad? I don’t think so Alyson, you gotta give me something else” he bargains, stupid moron.

“and apple?” I knew it’s not going to work but it was worth the try.

“is that the best you've got Alyson?” he smirks. 

I’ve been craving fries and I’ve finished mine the second they’ve been put on my plate.

The table started to build a non-existent tension by shouting ‘woohoo’ and stuff. A and B were smiling and Noah wasn’t paying any attention because he’s been whispering something into this bu.sty girl’s ear that made her giggle. 

He’ll tell me later what he said.

He looked at me and I looked at her boobs and then back at him and gave him a nod telling him ‘I’m impressed’ and his smile widened at that.