Chapter 13: The reason why Evolution is just a Theory

"Fine, I'm up! I'm up!! Stop making me sweaty!!" I groan at seven AM. Alexis pulled the curtains, took the covers and the pillow and let the sun do its magic. And by magic, I mean waking me up. I curse and curse but then I exit my room and go straight for the orange juice, that Alexis is using like a bait to lure me in the real world.

I am so hungover... Stupid champagne...Stupider party...

I finish two glasses of orange juice and eat a croissant, that's when I could start a conversation like human beings, using words and sentences, not like animals, based on grunts and groans.

"So? any interesting stories, for the hermit?" Alexis says sitting opposite of me, steering her tea.

"Not really...just stay clear from any Scottish Delicacies from now on.." I shudder at the thought. Alexis looks at me, smiling a bit and then frowns drinking her tea "So what's up with the frown?" I ask, casually, already eating another croissant.

"Oh.. um.. nothing..don't worry about it.." she starts but I cut her off,

"Spill it." I order biting into my french delicacy.

"The PE teacher is back from her maternity leave faster than I thought and she is very very strict. She makes you do twenty push-ups if you can't do the initial ten! And if you talk back at her, in any form of dialog, either scream, shout, whisper, mumble, she'll make you run three times the 110 yards of death!" she sighs after her passionate speech, and slump back into her seat.

I laugh "the 110 yards of death?" I question,

"yeah it's the distance we must run, if you so much as stumble, slow down, fall or jog she'll make you run the whole distance twice." whines Alexis,

"so don't stumble, fall, slow down or jog and you'll be over with it." I say,

"Easy for you to say, you're very athletic. I am not, the most exercise I've done in my life is picking up a dictionary. And that's why she doesn't like me."

"A teacher not liking you? Wow.." I look at her, shocked. "Aren't you.. I don't know.. every teacher's wet dream?"

"Eww!" she whines "Alyson..it's Seven thirty in the morning, and I'm in a crisis here. I might have to cut my legs so I can't run..." she says the last part lowly..

"No way, you're running, and you'll get healthier. Stop whining." I get up and go to my room to dress up.

"I can't, I hate physical exercise and I am very clumsy. She'll eat me and make fun of me in front of everyone." she follows me into my room.

"Don't worry about it..." I say and pick up a dress.. no not today.. I drop it back on the floor.

"How can-"

"Alexis, stop whining, alright? get your âss prepared and we'll deal with this woman later.." I snap,

Alexis lingers a bit and then she sighs, "Fine..but she's not a woman.. she's the devil."

"Ouch. Now you're insulting me. Alexis Lilith Haust. How can you ever compare me to this..pregnant regular woman?" I smirk,

"Ha-ha. We'll see who is the last to smirk when she makes you squirt milk out of your.. ears." she leaves me laughing deciding what to wear.

My phone rings, I pick up "How did you get my number?"

"Goodmorning to you too sunshine, and I have my own resources, tiger." he chuckles,

"do those resources go by the name of Alexis Haust?"

"And what if they do?"

"Then I might rethink this whole sharing private informations thing.." I put my phthalo green leather pants on,