Chapter 58: Shakespeare & Eye-fucking.

Chapter 58: Shakespeare & Eye-fucking.

As Hamlet said to Ophelia, 'God has given you one face and you make yourself another.' Just as there's two sides to every story, there's also two sides to every person.

The constant battle between these two façades, one that we hide from the rest of the world, probably ugly, melted, most definitely looking like a meth abuser after two years. It's so unsightful that the smallest sliver of light touches its surface, unleashes some heavy sealing, one that would put to shame Svalbard Global Seed Vault's security.

We become so paranoid with the thought of someone finding out our true selves that we go all the way, any way, to protect it, to keep it hidden.

The second face, is the one we make for ourselves. It's the pretty side of us. It's beautiful, shining like a f.ucking majestical sun, dapper like the queen's a.ss. This one, we let the light reflect on it, not penetrate it.

Because it's like a mirror. It reflects the light we cast upon it, to show us whatever mirage we want to see. It has a lot of factors contributing to creating it, and a lot of other factors that makes us go all the way, any way, to maintain it.

A glorious duality governed by the sensitive balance, to the slightest zephyr, between sinister darkness and brilliant light.

Right at this moment I was caking the latter in front of my very well-lit vanity mirror. I apply coats of my favorite red matte, expensive lipstick, pleased with the shade I got, I move on to my eyes. A swipe of black eyeshadow at the corners of my eyes and under them, and another swipe, of mascara over my fake lashes. They were the thick and short type. Since my eyes are light, I want some dark makeup to make them pop.

I was caressing my cheek with a very pale rosy blush when my eyes skimmed the box.

It was a rectangular quilted box, encased in silky smooth Tiffany & Co. signature colour tinted fabric, with a 'Vivienne & Jack' written on the lid in an elegant ink. Once you open it, you find a dancing couple, twirling to the sound of the wedding music playing, at first, when you open it, it plays a winning-a-quest like sound effect. The inside was crème coloured silk, ruffled at the edges of the items that were inside of the box.

I had Tiffany & Co. make it specially for me, I threatened Michael J. Kowalski to have his balls if it didn't satisfy me.

The card, beautifully enrobed in an envelope marked with the most luxurious, royal, Victorian embellishments details surrounding the stylish carefully scribbled words; sealed with the same attractive ornament you should show up with if you want to...

The card, beautifully enrobed in an envelope marked with the most luxurious, royal, Victorian embellishments details surrounding the stylish carefully scribbled words; sealed with the same attractive ornament you should show up with if you want to get inside the party, wearing it as a chic brooch.

It was a five-petalled flower, encrusted with fake shiny diamonds and at the center, the most beautiful sapphire.