Chapter 6: I'm a pretty boy.

He takes me to a diner a bit far from school considering our high school is in the middle of no-f.ucking-where. It was cosy not my usual choice, I always opt for at least three stars restaurants or straight out McDonald's.

We sit into a red boot, in front of each other. A waitress came to us and gave us the menu. She was in her late thirties. She seems rather kind as she spoke, "hello Noah, how are you today? we've missed you." I glimpse at Noah from the top of my menu as he answers "Hi Margaret, I'm fine thank you, I've missed you too.. I've been busy with the school and all.." she smiles warmly and he smiles back.

"Aren't you going to introduce me to your lady friend?"

"yeah she's Alyson, Alyson this is Margaret" he introduces us.

I smile at the lady and shake her hand "Alyson," she smiles a grin which reveals her perfectly white teeth,

"hiya Alyson, welcome to Sauto's, I'll be back after you decide what you're having," she walks away.

"you come here often?" I ask,

"yeah, I .." he coughs awkwardly "I sort of, come work here during christmas or new year's." he says without looking up from the menu.

"What?" I ask incredulous, he works?

"yeah..I used to do charity work..." What? Since when a rich kid like to get his hands dirty? And why the past tense? he proceeds after his bomb drop "I'm going to have a cheeseburger. What are you going to have?"

"umm, I don't know.." I trail, very dithered.

"I know it's not what you're used to.. but the food here is amazing. It can put some fancy restaurants to shame.." he praises,

"If they served cheap burgers half waste half meat." I reply still trying to pick what to have.

"I knew it.." he sighs, "just pick out a salad. I'm sure it tastes the same here and in a five-star-restaurant." he says, looking disappointed.

"Actually no, it won't. It's not the same quality of ingredients. Why did you assume I would order a salad?" I ask confused,

"That's what you girls seem to only eat."

"You girls?"

"Yes, that's you normally do. Fifty grams of lettuce, three tomato slices, one teaspoon of oil, three drops of lime-"

"Wait, wait! First of all, do not associate me with other people. Second of all, I don't like salad much. Third of all, whoever orders something like that, is definitely not normal."

He seems amused, and then he calls for Margaret. Few seconds later she was at our booth.

"so what can I get ya'?" she asks us.

"a cheeseburger with fries, please."

"a Texas burger, please" I place my order and she scribbles it down on her pad.

"drinks?" she smiles a beaming smile,

"umm.. coke for me," Noah says "do you want a drink Alyson ?"

"a sprite please." I smile tightly, and give her the menu back.

"I'll be back with your orders." she smiles warmly.

A few seconds after that, my phone rings, I pick it up "hello?"

"where are you? Are you okay?" Alexis screams,

"umm.. yeah why would I be not okay?" I ask confused,

"I don't know, they said you went to the nursery and you didn't show up for lunch so.."