Chapter 43: Good job, Chief

Chapter 43: Good job, Chief

"Hello Cam !" I chirp.

"Hello Aly, you look phenomenal, as always." he kisses my cheek.

"thank you, you look all hot and authoritative with the new promotion. Good job, chief." I say smiling.

"Thank you" he laughs.

"Here, this is a 'congratulations' gift." I say handing him an envelope.

"Oh you didn't have to Aly." he takes it, nevertheless.

"oh shut up!" I say sipping my tea. He opens it and his eyes go wide.

"Oh my god! thank you !! so much ! Amelia would go crazy!" he says kissing my cheek and I smile. Inside the envelope were three tickets to St. Barts, and the address and telephone of the villa they'll be staying at.

"it's okay really. So what do you have got for me?"

We were still in Le Parker and I went shopping. I bought this outfit and bought the tickets and made the reservations. Oh, and I went for a mani-pedi too.

"something you'll be all over." if you look into my eyes right now, you'll find twinkles and tiny little stars dancing around. " So I might have heard that di.ckhead-Victor, is no longer commisioner. He is the future senator of New York City."

My mouth dropped. That heinous, disgusting, despicable, repulsive, revolting, a.sshole; is going to become mayor?! Like a person responsible for more than 8.400 millions people ?!!

"Oh my god.." I murmur. I feel the Croissant, the ham, and the salad I had for breakfast are going to be cast out.

"Yeah I know, but that's not it."

"that's not it?!" I shriek.

"Unluckily no, The main sponsor is David Wright. I'm sorry."

All the air has left my lungs.

"That is no surprise. Probably that's what got him to agree in the first place that dreadful night. The promise of being in control of an even higher power. All New York City."

"I'm sorry. I know you can't bear to hear his name, but he's very 'into' sponsoring him, I heard some chit-chats around that he had already invested in his campaign. He dropped 7 million dollars into Williams' account."

"Holy s.hit.."

"Yeah and he is willing to invest more."

"What's in it for him?"

"Well, public image furthermore enhanced or maybe.."