I Have To Go

I was woken by the sound of my alarm. I groaned and turns around to face the celling. It was to early in the morning. I headed into the bathroom and got ready for the day. I thought how today Tom and I were going to have a fun day. 

"Mija, breakfast is ready!" My mother yelled from the kitchen. 

"Ya voy (I'm coming)," I yelled back leaving my room to head to the dinning room. 

"How was your date?" My mother asked as I sat down at the table with my family and my mother bring me a cup of coffee. 

"It was good, hoping I have another today," I said with a smile.

My father eyed me and made a face, "I don't like that idea mija. You have spend so much time with him and also how he appeared in your party. He acted like your boyfriend."

I chocked on my coffee and my mother patted me on the back, "dad he is just a friend. A good friend."

We finished breakfast and I started to think that what I said to my dad was real. Was Tom just a friend or was I developing feelings without knowing. 

I cleaned the table and washed dishes before heading back into my room. I sat on my bed and grabbed my phone and looked through pictures I had from the dates I had with Tom and my friends. 

 I watched how happy I was in the pictures and then I laid on my bed with the phone on my chest. 

"Am I really falling for him? Or is just a feeling like he is just a celebrity and I'm hanging out with him?" 

I thought this questions and then my phone rang. I checked who it was and threw my phone when I saw it was Tom. 

 It kept ringing and I finally decided to pick it up. 

"Hello?"

"Hey darling, are you busy?"

I thought for a bit thinking if I should say no so we can hang out or yes so I can sit in my bed and think about him. 

"I'm not busy, why?"

I heard Tom giggle on the other side of the phone, "I wanted to invite you for a stroll."

I smiled and covered my mouth before a squeal decided to escape, "of curse, pick me up in 10?"

Tom agreed and we hanged up the phone. I got up and started to panic. I knew then I was already falling for him, but I don't want him to know.  

----

"Thank you for showing me around your area this whole week," Tom said as we were both sitting on a park bench admiring the sunset like everyday. 

"Anytime, and tomorrow we can go downtown," I said as I looked at Tom and he looked away. 

"Everything okay?"

Tom looked back at me and pursed his lips together, "yes, is just that tomorrow I'm leaving back to London for a movie. And I don't know when I'm coming back."

I sighed and smiled, "It's okay, there will be time in the future. I know that."

Tom hugged me and we continued to watch the sunset before it started to get dark and we went back to my house.

---

"Mija, you're back already and oh hello Tom how are you?"

Tom placed his hand on my back as he tried to get back to hug my mother, that just sent butterflies into my stomach and chills down my back. 

"I'm doing fine, just came to drop off Yazmin before I head to the hotel to pack," Tom said with a slight smile. 

"You're leaving already mijo?" My mother asked as she leaded us in the house to have a conversation on the couch. 

Tom nodded, " I have to go to London to do a movie."

I looked at Tom and I smiled, but shortly afterwards it faded. I didn't wanted him to leave, I wanted more time with him. 

My mother and Tom talked for a while more and soon it was Tom's time to leave. I lead to the door and we walked out together and straight to his car. 

"So I guess this is goodbye," I said while holding my hands in front of me. 

Tom looked at me and hugged me, "I will be in touch everyday, okay?"

I nodded while hugging him and he smoothed my hair and I held back tears. In that moment I knew he was the one and I couldn't stand having him leaving. 

We let go of our hug and he grabbed my hand and as he was walking back our hands let go and he was off to his car leaving me behind.