Back To Reality

Suddenly the alarm rang and I woke up to the song of Tom's music playing on my phone. It was all a dream, but it felt so real that I wish it never ended. My mother than knocked on my door and opened it.

"Hey sweetie someone is here to see you," I nodded and got out of bed placing my slippers on and my sweater on over my long sleeve shirt.

As I was walking to the door I kept thinking I wish it was all real. A true love and someone I can be myself with. Then I reached the door and I looked up and it was Michael, my boyfriend greeting me with flowers and chocolates for our anniversary.

"Happy Anniversary my love," I slightly smiled and my mother clapped behind my back, if only she knew.

He hugged me, crushing my body to his. A year with him and I wasn't feeling it. Michael then whispered into my ear which caused me to flinch.

"We have dinner reservation tonight so dress pretty and don't be late. Or else."

We pulled apart and I nodded and grabbed my gifts and headed inside to my room. My mother following behind.

"El se tan lindo (he is so sweet)," my mother said as she placed her hand on my cheek and smiled.

As she left I felt a panic as if I never had before. Michael had always been abusive towards me and I hated the feeling. But I was more scared in what he would do to my family if I ever dump his ass. I laid back in bed thinking about my dream and how I wish once again everything to be true. I wanted my fairytale dream but it couldn't be true. 

*Time Pass to Dinner Night*

I looked at myself in the mirror and I didn't feel like myself. Michael had picked my outfit which was very revealing. I did my makeup and hair like he wanted, but I hated myself. I did something I knew I was going to regret, I punched the mirror causing it to shattered into a million pieces.

I looked at my knuckles and they were bloody and I grabbed a shirt and wrapped my hand in it. I walked to the restroom and cleaned myself up. My mother then yelled from the living room.

"Michael ya llego (Michael is here)."

I looked at myself in the mirror again and my hand was clean and I walked out grabbing my phone and purse. Michael looked at me and smiled like I was a award and I just smiled.

"Beautiful."

I smiled and we walked out to the car and I got in. Michael got in the driver and we drove to the dinner reservation. I held my tears and closed my eyes to think about Tom. Even though he will never notice me I wish he really did.

"What are you thinking of?" Michael said.

I stayed silent and he hated it. He grabbed my chin and turned me to face him, "I said what are you thinking of?"

"Nothing, I promise."

He pushed my chin away from his face and a tear slipped. I never understood why I let myself down everything with him, but I did.

We finally reached our location and it was the restaurant I started to work at the first time before I met Michael. I smiled hoping I saw my old co-workers. We parked and we headed inside and right off the bat I knew similar faces.

"Table for 2 reservation in the back," Michael said as he grabbed onto my arm and we headed to the back following the host.

We sat down and I noticed a familiar face next to us, but I didn't understand who it was at first. I looked once more and stared a while until I felt a pinch from Michael.

"Ouch," I said, "what was that for?"

"Why are you looking at him huh?"

I shook my head no in fear and out menus were brought to us. I didn't take my jacket off as I still had bruises on my arms. I bit the inside of my lip and looked over the menu to Michael, who was looking for what was good on the menu.

"I'm going to the restroom, I'll be back. No talking to no one."

Michael got up and I flinched thinking he would hit me again. I looked down into my hands and thought back. Suddenly I felt someone tap my shoulder and I look up. I couldn't believe my eyes.

"You!?"