Wedding Day (My POV)

After a few months my body started to feel like my old self. Tom helped me through everything next to my family. His family always visited and wished for a fast recovery.

I woke up to the sound of my alarm going off. I turned it off and looked at my phone. The day finally came. It was my wedding day. I rolled back into bed looking at my celling and imagining everything. I was nervous than before.

"Buenos días mi amor (Good morning my love)," my mother said as she turned my lights on.

"Mama, (mother)," I said as I covered myself.

"Wake up. The hairdresser and makeup artist is here," she said as she pulled my blanket and I laughed.

I got up and headed to the living room area. It was bright with a perfect view. It wasn't my room as I and my bridesmaids were at a hotel. I greeted the hairdresser and makeup artist.

They started right away and I felt like a princess once again. Last time I had this going on was when I was 15 for my quinceañera. I would take sneak peaks of myself in the mirror. One by one my bridesmaids started to show up.

They all took pictures of me and videos. I felt like a movie star now and I couldn't be more thankful. I laughed and posed for them. After my hair and makeup was done it was my time to look in the mirror. I walked to the mirror and I felt tears building up. I felt beautiful and thought what Tom would say to me.

My bridesmaids started getting ready as I drank some juice and ate my breakfast with some of them. The photographer came and started to take some pictures while the videographer was there since the morning I woke up. I decided to go into my room and waited for my bridesmaids to get dressed.

"You guys ready, I want to see."

They all yelled yes and I walked into the living room and was about to cry. They all looked beautiful.

I had 8 bridesmaids in total and they all looked beautiful in their own color.

Amaury and Giselle wore red for Gryffindor. Michelle and Roxana wore blue for Ravenclaw. Arely and Alexa wore yellow for Hufflepuff. Emma and Sindy wore green for Slytherin.

"Y'all look beautiful," I said.

The photographer took pictures and it was my turn to surprise my bridesmaids. I went back in my room with my mother and aunts. They helped me get in my dress and I looked in the mirror about to cry. Everything was coming together.

"Falta algo, (something is missing)," my aunt from Mexico said as she walked towards me with a box.

She opened it and it was something old with blue on it as a tradition.

"Esto era de tu abuela, mi mamá (this was your grandma's, my mother's)," she said.

That's when it hit me and tears started to come. My grandma had passed away and she wasn't going to be here on my wedding physically but spiritually. My aunt placed the necklace on and I felt her presence right away. My family helped me put on the final touches before walking out.

"Come on, let us see you," my cousin Giselle yelled.

The photographer took some picture with my family and now I headed out to see my bridesmaids. They all turned around and screamed and some cried as they saw me.

I smiled and they all came towards me and hugged me. They complimented the dress and how everything looks good on me. Emma was the first to cry and I hugged her. She was my best friend and she couldn't believe I was going to get married. I hugged her and she hugged back. The photographer took some pictures and then my mom jumped in.

"Ya viene tu papá, (your father is coming)," she said.

I got nervous as his first daughter was going to get married at 23. I wanted and my bridesmaids covered me. A knock was at the door and my mother went to open. The photographer and videographer captured everything and my bridesmaids moved so my father could see me.

A tear rolled down his cheek as he walked towards me and hugged me. I hugged back and a tear rolled down my cheek too.

"Beautiful my princess," he said.

Everyone was ready and we headed downstairs to the party bus. We headed off to church and the butterflies kicked in even harder.