Chapter 22

—————————Reiya's POV—————————
As Sasha tells her complete bullshit story, I can't help but wish some of it had happened because like *internal squeal*! But when she first started this story, I had believed it. I only believed it because I had witnessed them have an intense moment earlier which made me faint but... my ship was sailing so like whatever!

I zone back into reality and notice Ivy's face turning bright red as she must be imagining the story, which is just fuelling my ship! I then notice a strange scent that nobody else seemed to smell. After a few seconds Sasha seems to notice it too. I look to Ivy and the colour drains from my face...

She is looking around franticly, I can only assume it means she can't see anything at the moment. I then notice her breathing becomes more shallow and she begins to sway. I try to run and catch her but I get grabbed!

Sasha seems to have knocked out her attacker so fast that she could catch Ivy, which was really lucky! Unfortunately, Sasha gets pricked with something and slowly begins falling asleep too. "Hey! Assholes! Stop being douchebags and learn how to treat women!" I can't help but to scream from my restrained position earning a chorus of growls. Oh. No. They. Didn't!

*extreme hiss*

*growls*

*hiss*

*growl*

*hiss*

*growl* "Y'know what? Knock that chick out she's being annoying!"

"But boss said not to hurt her..."

"Do you want to listen to her acting like a cat? Cus if you do, be my fucking guest! But keep her damn quiet."

"A-alright sir!" The asshole restraining me adjusts his hold and throws me over his shoulder?! Wtf?

"Hey, doofus! I'm not a sack of potatoes!" My tail decides that now is the perfect time to make an appearance and I literally whip him in the face with it. He drops me surprised and I race over to Ivy. "Ivy! ... Ivy! ... Wake up!" Asshole grabs me again... "I. Said. I. Am. Not. A. Sack. Of. Potatoes!" I whack him with my tail after each word, annoyingly he was a bit more prepared for it *internal huff*.

I feel a pinch on the back of my neck and my vision begins getting blurry, my thoughts foggy, my senses are fading... and fading fast. What did they do???

My eyes close as my eyelids become heavy and my consciousness flickers out.

(Unknown amount of time)

Where am I..?

What happened..?

Who am I..?

Jk, I know who I am! But I don't know how I got here or where here is... It takes a few seconds for my eyes to adjust to the darkness of wherever I am.

As my surroundings come into focus, I notice that there are silver bars surrounding me and a silver door blocking me in. I then look behind me and notice a figure similar in size to myself.

The figure shifts so slightly it's almost unnoticeable. I know this figure is probably unconscious. I feel the need to check on them and decide that my safety isn't the top priority. I inch over to the figure and very softly tap its shoulder.

It springs up into a fighting stance and eyes me wearily. I now recognize that the figure is Sasha, and after a second she recognizes me too.

"Where's Ivy?!" Sasha rushes over to me.

"I, don't know... I just came to..." I immediately start worrying about Ivy but begin fussing over Sasha and if she's okay. Any little blemish or scrape I heal before she can protest.

"So you haven't seen her? And hey! Stop I will heal by myself!" Sasha seems not to know how to feel about someone helping her... I wonder what happened to her that made her this way... Oh well, she'll open up when she's ready.

A couple of hours, maybe a day or two..? And Sasha has gained a lot of strength within this amount of time! She isn't even flinching at the silver touching her skin! I know that hurts for shifters... It doesn't hurt mefwa's though, I wonder if Sasha knows this?

"Uh... Sasha? Let me help." I don't even ask her, hoping she understands that I can help her.

"No." She states very simply. I roll my eyes and shove her over (which works??)

She looks shocked but doesn't try to stop me. I very easily squeeze through the silver bars as Sasha had bent them to have a wider gap. Sasha would have been able to slip through but it would definitely hurt for her.

"Mefwa's don't get burned by silver *shrugs & smiles*" I easily find the cell keys and open the one I had been stuck in earlier. I put the keys back and decide to follow behind Sasha.

Sasha seems to have a very clear idea about where we're going so I trust her sense of direction. We come to some stairs and Sasha pauses quirking her head a bit to hear better. She then nods and waves for me to follow her up.

Sasha slowly opens the door and crouches, I follow suit and we sneak along a hallway. I glance around trying to get a good sense of where we are. Suddenly a large swarm of guys rushes in front of us, barring us from passing.

I would normally be freaking out right now but I catch the scent of something wonderful! I inhale deeply and begin following my nose. For some reason, the guys let me past? They were very focused on me and Sasha is able to pass them unnoticed.

I want to follow her but my unknown need to follow the scent is stronger and I quickly forget about wanting to follow Sasha. I lose sight of her quickly and get absorbed in the entrancing smell.

A few minutes pass and I reach a door where the scent completely disappears! Instead, it is replaced by the strong smell of chemicals.

The door slams open and Sasha runs out, Ivy over her shoulder. I'm about to follow after them when the smell comes back twice as strong. All caution  I should have had about this room and whoever is in it, screams at me to run. Especially since I saw Ivy was bleeding heavily, barely breathing and looked really banged up. But the smell completely dismisses common sense and urges me to run into the arms of whoever the scent is coming from.

Soon after my common sense flys away, a beautifully sculpted man wearing pants and that's about it, walks out of the door stopping in front of me. Normally I would be trying to dismiss any confrontation with a man like this but, something deep in the very fibre of my being is telling me there's no way I could even manage to walk a step away.

This man takes the two steps separating us and gently grabs me by my waist, picking me up, burying his nose in the crook of my neck.

"Wh-o are you?" I ask very breathlessly with a huge blush on my face then, trying to hide it, I bury my face in his neck.

"*deep laugh* I'm Alpha Stevenson but to you, my kitten, I am Jake." He obviously knows the nickname would have an effect on me. As he definitely didn't know that I was actually a cat-person...

"Why would I call you by a different name than everyone else?" I was perplexed about how serious he was about this.

"Well kitten, have you ever heard of mates? Because you are my second chance. I am ever so grateful to the goddess for bringing you to me." He says this all very seriously and I can barely process his words.

"Th-there's no way... Mates are just fables made up... by ungrateful people... Th-there's no way they're real..." I hadn't ever been told anything about mates and I could only find fairy tales written by traitors of my species... there's no way they're real, no way!

"*deep rumbling laugh* Are you saying that I am made up? That I am not here holding you, that you don't feel a connection to me?" He makes valid points but, my people wouldn't lie to me, would they?