Chapter 34

With the information Reiya brought there had been excitement and sadness but, I know that I have the full support of Sasha and Reiya. I haven't found out anything more than what Reiya has so just as I'm about to take a break and watch a movie, my phone rings!

"Hello, Ivy Martin speaking." Although it's not like many people have my number... I never really need to say who I am.

"OMG! Rose- I mean Ivy! I have the best news!" I immediately recognize it's Daisy a smile grows on my face.

I softly laugh, "What is it Daisy? Hehehe" Daisy can get excited by small little things but hearing her excitement always seems to lift my spirits.

"First of all, Liam was selected to be the Lord's right hand! Eek! Ahahaha!" I don't think she knows what caused that but, I'm happy that she's happy. "And! Second of all, Eeek! Hehehe! LIAM PROPOSED!!!"

As she squeals many more times (almost as much as Reiya but not quite...) I can tell how much she really loves him. Since the first time I actually saw them together I knew they were destined. Liam is one very lucky guy and I'm glad to hear he knows it. "And..? What did you say?! C'mon girl! Spill the beans!"

"I said yes!!! Oh, I'm so excited! Will you be my maid of honour?! We won't have the wedding for at least 3 months, y'know? Just to make sure that Liam settles into his new position and all..." she is talking so fast I can barely process her words!

"Okay, okay! Of course, I will be your maid of honour! But only if you'll be mine?" I casually ask her but am not even just saying it because we're friends, I'm asking for real.

"Obviously!" Daisy answers as soon as I utter the question, "Wait. A. Minute! Are you engaged too?! Who proposed? Sasha or you?!" Realization hits her moments after she agreed.

"Heheheh... Yeah, I'm engaged too! I was gonna call you tonight! Sasha actually proposed yesterday! It still hasn't fully sunk in..." my eyes get watery as I speak, "heheh, it's a whole lot earlier than we had expected but, look at us! We're both engaged and starting a brand new chapter in our lives!"

"This is the most amazing feeling ever! I never thought that I would be somebody's soulmate... but here I am! Sharing almost every spare moment with him. We definitely aren't Diznie princesses but, this feels like the start of a happily ever after." I sigh, wishing I could explain just how opposite the situation is for me but, I can't bring myself to shatter her happiness... Not now... She has heard about everything I went through and has put herself in my shoes too often for me to drop this bomb on her right now.

"There ain't a statement more true Daisy!" I decide to make the best of the situation and enjoy her happiness.

"*dramatic sigh* Ivy, I should go... Liam barely leaves me alone haha, at least he won't until he..." (she whispers this part) "until he marks me hehehe..." (normal voice again) "I miss hanging out! I hope to see you soon!" I hear a click and the line goes dead.

"So? That Daisy girl is getting married too?" Sasha doesn't even hide the fact that she was eavesdropping, "funny isn't it? Life has quite the sense of humour doesn't it?"

"Yeah... very funny indeed..." I cuddle into Sasha and select a movie. "Are you going to watch with me or sleep through it?" I tease her, even though I'm the one who always falls asleep during movies.

She begins stroking my hair and I begin to drift into a dreamless sleep as the the movie starts quietly. My eyelids feel heavy and my breathing slows to a resting rate, my heartbeat following suit.

(5 days pass)

Reiya has been baking and reading nonstop for the past week. When her feet get tired she reads and when she gets restless she bakes! The rental house always smells like a bakery and I can't help but to think this is how Reiya works away her stress...

"Hey, Ivy? Sasha? Can you come here for a minute?" Reiya calls out to us but, she sounds almost... uncertain..?

"Yeah, what's up?" Me and Sasha speak in sync and my eyes widen slightly then I shrug it off.

Reiya takes a deep breath and motions for us to sit down. "I-I felt like it's been long enough for me to come completely clean to both of you. I was not always this bright and cheery... Growing up was tough, I am the oldest of 10 siblings and was always expected to do everything I was told or else I would suffer the consequences... The clan I come from is thought to be completely extinct, more so than all the other Mefwa clans and only the elders know about other species. Up until very recently I had believed them when they said there wasn't any other super-naturals. One day I had been quietly doing my tasks and went unnoticed by the elders in their council room. They spoke of shifters and fairies and all sorts of other creatures that were getting closer to discovering us. I had tried to sneak out of the room but was caught... I still feel the pain they made me feel in my dreams and I will never forget the pure malice of an elders' grandson... In order to ensure I told nobody about what I'd heard, the elders decided that I would marry the grandson. He loomed over my shoulder, criticized everything I did, wouldn't even let me walk to the bathroom alone... Although I had already kept to myself and not tried making any friends, he ensured that nobody would get close enough to me in order to start a friendship. After a few months of this I was constantly just trying to find a bit of alone time. One day, I 'disappeared' for too long and when h-he found me... h-e for-ced hi-mself on m-me... I hadn't been sure before th-at about ru-running away b-ut once h-e did th-that I knew, I had to get away. So, one night when he got too drunk I bolted. I grabbed nothing and never said goodbye to anyone... I just ran... Before meeting the two of you, I had been roaming the province for about a year and a half. I met you two so you know pretty much everything after that."