Chapter 82

————————Delua's POV————————

I reach out towards the voice that belongs to my Vampire mate, terrified of my loss of sight. He grasps my hands and pulls me close to place a kiss on my forehead.

"I... I can't see yo-u..." I choke out.

Spruce whispers in confusion and worry, "Wh-what do you mean? Y-your eyes are open an-and you're looking r-right at me..."

Everyone gasps as the reality sets in... Reiya probably just blinded me, permanently..! It only takes a second before the Mefwa starts to apologize for scratching me.

Then suddenly she starts yelling at, who I assume to be the man that came to get her, "Hey asshole! Why the fuck did you set a fucking bounty on my head? Huh!? Because I killed you asshat of a grandfather who tried to get me to marry you!? You deserve every single fucking punch and kick I give you! Especially because you forced yourself onto not only me but also my little sister! You are a piece of shit!"

I hear a thud and a pain-filled squeak before a few quiet taps of some things dropping on the floor.

"OAK!!! Why are you allowed to punch him but I can't!? Let me at him!"

Reiya sounds extra annoyed at Oak, who I remember looks smoking hot (not as hot as Spruce tho). Then I can only guess she tries to hurt the mystery guy again because she demands Oak to move. I'm pretty sure he must grab her since I only hear one set of footsteps that sound like Oak but are heavier. All that I know now is that Ivy, as well as Sasha, are probably thinking about leaving, Mr. Mystery snuck off and Spruce is holding me tightly.

Although I can't see it, I just know Sasha sends a glare in my direction then leaves with Ivy in tow. Spruce is refusing to let go of me which I don't really mind but, I definitely need to get to a doctor... Just because I heal faster than humans doesn't mean that losing my sight isn't a reason to go get a doctor's opinion.

"Spr-uce" He slightly adjusts probably to look at me, "Can you help me get up..? I should definitely see a doctor..."

His body moves a bit which I believe was him nodding but since I'm not sure I make my confusion visible.

"Oh— right... Sorry... I nodded, I can help you up and that I agree you should have a doctor look you over."

Spruce slowly gets up, never letting go of my hands then helps me stand. He only releases one hand and leads me, hopefully, to the emergency clinic.

(20 minutes pass)

The past little while has felt like an hour! It's been full of trips and stumbles, misleading and knocking into things but it seems like Spruce has gotten the hang of leading me to our destination. I can only hope to find out a way to get around without being pitied and laughed at...

I hear a bell jingle while in my head Spruce tells me there is a stair and that we have gotten to the emergency (supernatural) clinic. Rushing feet approach me and instinctually I take a step back, reserving my personal space. While pretending to look around I hear Spruce whispering to the doctor..? what had happened.

The doctor must nod and wave for us to follow them because Spruce begins to lead me somewhere. He helps me to sit on the examination table/chair and pecks my forehead before sitting on the table thing beside me, his hand once again never leaving mine.

*Man clears throat* "So young lady, what brings you in as an emergency, in your own words..."

Anger flashes through me, although my physical shape is female I am dressed in 'male' clothes and act fairly guy-ish! Jeez, he needs to be more accepting..! "Well, to start I'm a he not a she and I'm pretty damn sure you can see what brings me here!"

The doctor mumbles apologies before rephrasing his question, "Well, yes, I can see what I believe to be the purpose of this critical appointment but, I want to know as much information as I can to better treat you, sir."

After taking a calming breath I begin, "I was cat-sitting for someone and their cat got really mad at me because their owner was taking so long... Then the cat obviously attacked me and uhm," I whisper, " I can't see anything anymore..."

"O-oh... I see... Okay, to start I'm going to need to get a better look at your face and eyes. Could you please pull your hair back, not too roughly, for me..?"

I nod and let go of Spruce's hand, saddened that I can't feel him beside me, but pull my hair behind my ears and shoulders. The doctor gently presses and prods my cheekbones, temples, above my eyebrows and the bridge of my nose.

"Alright. So, it seems that you're healing well although it seems that the scratches somehow damaged everything in both eyes... We can try to fix them but there is very little hope that you will ever see again."

A lump forms in my throat, so I'm really going to be blind for the rest of my life... "O-ok, is the damage visible? And if it is, could there be a way that you try restoring my sight but if it's not possible could you fix the appearance of my eyes..?"

"As of right now, there is only a small amount of visible damage that could be patched up. However, if we were to attempt restoring your vision, it's uncertain if it will be patchable..."

"A-alright... Um, I guess I want them patched up..."

"Okay, I will contact the eye surgeon and tell them to call you for the details..."

"—W-wait... I-is it possible to um, have my top surgery at the same time..? I-I don't want to go into surgery more times than needed..."

"I, uh, I will need to discuss it with the eye surgeon first because we don't want to put your body through a lot of stress at once."