Chapter 66

————————Reiya's POV————————

As the house comes into view a prickle of unease runs through me. I smell the air and immediately recognize the scent meaning a hunter is here. The part that makes me most uncomfortable is that neither Sasha nor Ivy warned me but nobody seems to be freaking out...

I walk down the driveway pushing along the double stroller with a death grip. My mind takes me back to about 6 months ago, I was in an unfamiliar city with very little money and even less experience socially. Having just escaped the Clan I was in dire need of extreme changes, I used the money I had and bought black fur dye as well as pink and purple hair dye. It took some effort but I had snuck into a bathroom and dyed my ears, hair and tail to narrow down the chances of being recognized. Not even a day after I changed my appearance there was a bounty on my head! Luckily the Clan didn't know of my changes and so I was able to live decently free from danger.

Not anymore! Hunters are notorious for picking up bounties and if this hunter is any good, they'll recognize me with little difficulty..! It's not only my life in danger either... I have Mia now, I need to protect her with everything. Not to mention the fact that I currently also have Lyath with me, if I only had Mia I could go hide somewhere without much trouble...

I look at the house and notice a side window is open. Making my way around to it I see Ivy is waiting there, she has grown vines out the window and tossed out a baby carrying backpack. Quickly putting it on I put Mia in it and climb. Just as I'm about to go back out for Lyath, he flies in! Jeez that kid has power!!

Ivy gives me a look that says 'ThIs WiLl Be FuN' in a very mocking way. I silently groan and try to catch Lyath as Ivy just slumps into the desk chair beside her.

*whispering* "Ivy! Grab your damn child before he flies back out the window!" Her eyes go wide and Lyath laughs before floating towards it.

Quicker than I had ever seen before, Ivy races past me and grabs Lyath just in time to stop him from flying out the window. She smiles weakly at me then closes the window. The cheeky grin spreading on Lyath's face shows that he found his mother's reaction hilarious. I can't hell but quietly giggle at his reaction.

"Delua! It's obviously my roommate doesn't want to meet anyone right now, leave her be!" I freeze at Sasha's voice, colour draining from my face.

I frantically try to find Mia's sweater, completely forgetting about my ears and tail. The door bursts open revealing some tomboy who zeros in on Mia and me.

She nods towards us, "What are they? They're obviously not human! Why didn't you tell me your roommate was a Mefwa?!"

"Oh- uh... I didn't think it was important..?" Sasha rubs her neck ashamed. "Wait... Why do I need to tell you my roommates species?!"

"Well, maybe because of the job I picked up!? You should know how important this stuff is to me! I need to complete as many of these jobs as I can so I don't end up out on the streets!"

"I should know?! How the fuck would I know??? We haven't spoken much for 2 fucking years! You should know that I don't have psychic powers! I can't read minds!!"

"Right..! So this is my fault?! I'm sorry that I even wanted to share who I finally feel free to be with you because obviously this was a mistake..." The chick I assume to be Delua turns around and storms off.

—————————Oak's POV—————————

The Council just got back to me and surprisingly, they didn't have any problems with my plans on making my Clan more equality based. Since they have no problems, I can start right away! I hope I get everything set into motion before I ask Reiya to move in and begin the mate process. There is no real issue if I don't have everything started, it would just be nice to not worry about her being treated right while she's here.

Although we're not bonded officially, I can still sense some of what she feels and if she thinks she could be in danger. In fact, I had just been about to go find her to make sure she was okay when the feeling faded. Not wanting to risk anything I decide that I should check on her.

(Text Conversation)

"Hey, how's your day been?"
•Oak

"My day has been pretty good. I just met someone pretty interesting... Not sure why they were even at the house though. Doesn't matter anyway, they're gone"
•Reiya

"You're not hurt or anything, right..? They didn't try to harm you or anything? You're safe and healthy?"
•Oak

"Yea, I'm okay! They didn't do anything and they didn't try anything either... I'm not hurt and I'm healthy, no need to worry. I promise"
•Reiya

"Okay, as long as you're doing good 😌"
•Oak

(Text Conversation Over)

I release a breath I didn't notice I was holding and refocus on the task at hand, revising the laws. This is going to be tedious... But, it's going to be worth it. Women, Transgender, Gender Fluid, and everyone else will finally be treated as they should, as regular people. It's always bothered me, seeing my 'father' treat coven members differently depending on the way they identify their gender... Just because someone was born a certain way or is perceived as a certain gender, doesn't mean that they are any different from everyone else! There's no reason to deny the truth, my Coven is not as adaptive as everyone thinks it is... I just hate seeing my Coven judge people for their identity. It's about time that someone kickstarts the necessary actions to make the Coven the best it can!