Chapter 78

"Glad to see you didn't try to completely evade the claims placed against you..." I look at the warrior whose mate I had just talked with. He grunts annoyed and obviously angered by my involvement. "Please, remember that I am the one who decides the outcome of this interaction..."

"Ha! Like I care!" Normally this comment would upset me but right now it only makes my job easier.

"Nice. Some good old-fashioned disrespect and disregard for my position... Also from what your mate told me, it doesn't seem like you have much respect for anyone. But in order to carry justice out correctly, I must hear all parts of a story. Which leads me to ask, what is your side?"

"My side?! Ha! It's not just my side, It's the truth Alpha..."

"Okay, well I still need to hear it. So, what is this truth?" I somehow manage to keep most distaste for this warrior out of my voice.

"Basically she met some human guy, started going out on dates with him and one day I decided to see if her claims of them being purely platonic were true or not. They weren't! Surprise! I found them almost naked, her grinding on him. Before they noticed me, he flipped their positions and started to remove the few articles of clothing they still had on! I'll admit, I probably acted a bit harsh and possibly hurt the dude pretty bad but, can you blame me?! Imagine finding your soulmate almost jumping the bones of some random human dude!"

I stare at him, stone-faced, easily able to decipher that he's lying about her almost sleeping with the human. What does actually stand out is that he actually does believe she was in a relationship with the other guy. "I'm going to call you on your bullshit right now. Did you forget that I have the ability, as Alpha, to see through lies..? So, no, she didn't even get close to sleeping with this human... However, I know that you do genuinely believe she was in a romantic relationship with him."

"I wasn't bullshitting any of that!" I give him the 'really' look and he seems to deflate on himself, "Okay fine. She wasn't about to sleep with him, but I did find them alone together!"

"I believe that." As I tell him this I mindlink his mate and tell her that I would like to speak to them together and that if it made her feel safer, I would get a few of the indifferent warriors to come too.

"So. What are you going to do..? Am I going to be punished for jealousy that was acted on a bit harshly..?" Worry coats his face and I sigh.

"I'm not sure what the plan of action is. At this moment I am having her come back to speak with you and me. Just as a measure of caution a few other warriors will be here too, but only to ensure that you and her feel safer." He nods grimly, all of his prior attitude is gone and it's as if it was never there.

The girl walks in, her arms wrapped around herself and the warriors I summoned enter directly after. She takes a seat on the right side of my office and he settles into a seat on the left. The warriors stand at the wall the door is in and I retake my seat behind my desk.

"Okay, so What I have gathered from both of you is that the two of you are distant from each other. Due to the unspoken barrier between you, there seems to be a lot of miscommunication. On your side," I motion to the girl, "it feels as if he doesn't care for you. On your side," I motion to her mate, "you feel as though she wants to replace you. Does that sound correct..?"

"Yeah" they speak at the same time.

I nod, happy that although I don't yet know my mate, I can help others who do. "Alright, Jenny, can you explain your view to Caleb? Caleb, as she's explaining try your best to hear her out before questioning things, okay?" Both of them nod and Jenny takes a breath.                    

"I met Ian at the food court when I was out shopping with some friends. He was nice and although he did try to ask me out, I told him I was already seeing someone, which he respected. I knew that if I ever got uncomfortable, I could get my friends to chase him off. We hung out a few times with my friends then he introduced some of his friends and we all got along nicely. He never tried pushing my boundaries nor did his friends. Ian and I were setting up a movie the night you burst in and his friends were just out picking up the pizza we ordered and some pop."

Caleb hides his face, embarrassed as he looks at Jenny.

"O-oh... I'm so sorry Jen... I should have been more vocal about my thoughts..." He rubs his neck awkwardly. "We-well my view seems a lot worse now a-and I'm s-sorry ab-out l-last night..."

My eyes widen slightly, I had hoped that Jenny was lying about that part but... I guess not...

"I-I basically just thought you had been looking for guys to replace me and so when you brought Ian up, I thought you had been on dates and stuff..." He sighs, "And then... well I showed up to find you two alone and assumed the worst. I-I can tell that I-I really messed up, huh. *pitiful fake laughter* I'm just one of the bEsT mAtEs EvEr... *sigh* Then only to fuck up more I-I tr-tried t-o f-force myse-lf o-onto y-you..." Caleb starts to sob, obviously upset with his actions.

*Ahem* I clear my throat, "I have decided that unless you, Jenny, would like me to pursue a punishment, Caleb is in the clear because it is evident his grief is consequence already, and I can only assume his wolf feels just as distraught..." Jenny springs out of her seat and starts tearing up, she rushes over to Caleb and climbs into his lap mumbling forgiveness.