Chapter 67

————————Delua's POV————————

Jeez! Sasha needs to chill out. But, that Mefwa... she could be the one I'm looking for. If that's the case then I need to make up with Sasha... ugh. I wonder how long that'll take... We've known each other forever it seems but we still argue about some of the stupidest things. One would think that after this long, we wouldn't ever fight but we do.

What I don't get is why she got so defensive! I never mentioned the name of who I was looking for and I still don't know what her roommate's name is... Also, Sasha used to help me with the bounties I picked up! Well... I guess it was more like she did them for me and gave me all the credit... Since she left own hometown, I had been training almost every free moment I got. After the first two months I had improved immensely! Now almost two years later, I am pretty much a different person.

I'm much more confident about my identity and I'm saving up for my gender reassignment surgery. To say I'm excited to finally look like who I feel I am is 100% an understatement! There's not much that makes me excited for the future anymore so, it's a great feeling. Once I have the surgery, people will finally stop assuming I'm a female... That will be the best day of my life, I'm certain.

Sasha's been the only one who truly supported me along my journey even though we haven't communicated much. But, now I am my best cheerleader and I can do things on my own. Like this bounty, I'm gonna do it without any help, no matter what.

I guess the very first step would be, to figure out if Sasha's roommate is actually the Mefwa I'm looking for or not. If she is the one I'm looking for I've gotta get on her good side... one wrong move and I could be dead, she's fucking deadly! She killed two of her own kind! From what I could gather from the posting, they were both very important people in her community... Yeah, I definitely need to be careful!

————————Sasha's POV————————

I can't fucking believe Delua! He is such a pain in the ass! Back in our hometown he was always picking up bounties and I was constantly stuck finding or eliminating them for him... He really needs to become more independent. I'm not gonna do his job for him anymore. I don't care how much he offers me, I have my own job now!

Honestly, my job both pays more and is more exciting. The thrill of the chase, the fun of watching someone realize just how screwed they are, and the sinful enjoyment of taking away somebody's last breath away. It's enthralling! I obviously don't just randomly kill people, I get given targets. These people are the worst of the worst, rapists, murderers, mob leaders, mob members, mafia groups and even the best known thieves! None of them expect me, a simple little girl to be the one to bring them to their knees begging for mercy, HA! Like they would deserve mercy!

I've gotta admit, I have created one or two of my own missions... I mean, who else was gonna get back at Sydney and Jake for what they did! Exactly! Nobody! So I did what I had to in order to protect my mate. Simple really. There's only two people left on my possible threats list, well I guess three now...

Still can't fucking believe Delua actually tried to act like he did nothing wrong! I saw the way he eyed Reiya! He was definitely trying to think of a way to grab her without my knowledge... Also, he 100% was thinking about the bonus cash he would receive by nabbing Mia too. Goddess! What the hell did he think I was going to do, I mean like, he was told that she was my roommate!

Delua needs to smarten up! Even if he was going to keep Reiya alive, there's no guarantee that whoever placed the bounty would. The fact that it didn't even seem to concern him is enraging! In the end, I'd be expected to do the job for him, because he has never been able to finish bounties alone. Who does he think he is?! I would never endanger any of my friends lives, especially when I'm not sure of what's going to happen after I leave... Ugh!

—————————Ivy's POV—————————

Sasha was left reeling after Delua stormed off. Currently Reiya, Sasha and myself are squished onto the living room couch with Mia and Lyath sitting in our laps. I'm leaning into Sasha to make sure she knows that I'm here when she's ready and I have an arm around Reiya.

"...Well... That, was— uh, interesting..." Nobody reacts to my statement, "Does anyone, uhm, wanna watch a movie..? *awkward laugh*"

I blink blankly once again when nobody reacts. Great... Everyone's broken... Welp... Damn...

"Uhmmmm... Guys?" I lightly knock on Reiya's then Sasha's head, "anybody home?"

Neither of them do more than flinch but at least it gets Mia and Lyath giggling.

"You two are so cute! When you guys grow up there's no choice but to become best friends. Nothing you can do about it! Hehe!" The both of them have no clue what my words mean but clap happily and giggle along with me anyway. "Gosh, I wish I could be as carefree as you..."

(A few hours pass)

"So Reiya, do you have any ideas about Sasha and my wedding's reception? I've been thinking a bit about the colour scheme and stuff..." she whips around to face me immediately and a slightly grin grows on her face.

"Heheheh... Obviously I do Ivy!" She hops on the spot with Mia trying to bounce with her while being held. "I already chose the colour palette tho. Hope that's okay!"

"Oh! Uh, yea, that's fine" I wave my hand to the side in the 'no problem' motion. "Can I see it?"