Chapter 42

It's been a few hours since Ivy and I had been rushed to the hospital. I still can't accept the fact that I almost lost my first child! I am so grateful that the doctors were able to save my sweet Mia, she is now the centre of my world. Nothing will ever change that, not even the fact that she was created by someone raping me.

Ivy and Sasha think I am asleep but really I'm just thinking. How does my 'second chance' tie into the everything? He's a pure Vampire and is now the Lord of his coven! He made it clear that he has no intention on ever hurting me and that he will do everything to ensure my happiness. He seems really nice and Ivy doesn't seem to have a negative opinion about him. Supposedly, he is Oak, the second possibility for Ivy's mate. I don't know how to feel about that, does it mean that he isn't good enough or is it that he was simply unlucky?

If I'm honest, I do kinda wish he was here. Only thing is, I can tell that Sasha won't let him anywhere near Ivy, Lyath, Mia or me... There's no way to explain how confusing this situation is. I completely understand Sasha's reasoning but despite this, I still feel like Oak should have a chance to prove he means no harm. I guess that it will get better with time... I hope...

(The next morning)

Surprisingly, Sasha and Ivy had been able to buy a place for us all to live. It's amazing how generous they've been, I would be back on the streets had they not made me stay with them.

Throughout the night and today, Mia's cat ears and tail have been randomly appearing. I don't know how I will be able to keep humans from being suspicious about her actually being "human". So far I have went to the little store in the hospital and not found any hat or hoodie that will be able to cover her ears. Her tail is a little bit easier because it's not as long as most Mefwa tails are, it seems that since she is part werewolf some of the regular features of Mefwa's are being altered. It's extremely interesting to me. One of the most interesting cases of this is that although her fur should be black like mine, instead it is mainly black but has irregular splotches of different greys! As far as any Mefwa records go, all children will start out the same colour as their mother.

One thing that I definitely need to do is go back to my clan... I really don't want to but I know it's the only way to ensure Mia doesn't loose her cat-like features. Also, one of the main elders is my father. This means that learning to control her ears and tail without a certain ritual-type ceremony will be near impossible. The ceremony sounds horrible but it's not, it really just aides the kittens with accepting their wilder features and senses. Going back terrifies me but I'm doing it for Mia. No kitten should be cast aside simply because they act more human than Mefwa, her meeting the clan will ensure that she will be recognized as a complete member.

Don't think that I am going to stay with my clan, hell no! They have lied about way to many important topics and hid too much from the members. I will only go back for the ceremony and then will come right back here. There is no way I will ever see myself as one of the clan at all... ever.

Finally the doctor gives Ivy and me the 'all good' for being able to leave and I begin trying to find clothing that is clean enough for the trip "home". Sasha obviously hears the doctor and tosses me a small bag. I unzip the pouch and pull out clean clothes. Sasha really plans ahead!

(At the rented house)

Woah... I didn't realize just how much Sasha and Ivy bought for me and themselves! We all are trying to pack as much as we can while Ivy and I are also trying to keep the babies asleep. It was quite the task...

We get about a fourth of the stuff packed up. After a fifteen minute break we all decide that before any more packing, we should eat. I make my way into the kitchen and pull out some of the best food that is somehow still there!

"Hey! Sasha, Ivy, you want some too?" They both look at me like I have 10 heads and slowly shake their head 'no'. "Okay, suit yourselves!" This just means more for me!

Sasha pulls out her phone and calls someone. Around 5 minutes later she comes back to the kitchen, "Food will be here in an hour at most."

"OoOoOh... What did you order?!" Ivy is basically buzzing around Sasha with excitement. "Did you get some pizza? Ohhhhhhh please tell me you ordered pizza!"

I don't know if I have ever seen Ivy like this... it's weird, at least to me it is... and now she's jumping on the spot...

"Hahahaha, yes I ordered pizza. And before you ask, I bought three mediums... One pizza is 'Hawaiian' style, one is regular pepperoni with cheese and the last is an anchovy pizza. Reiya, you do like anchovies... right?"

I almost laugh, "Do you not see what I'm about to eat?" I motion to the almost empty tub of Ice Cream and raw fish I took from the small freezer.

"Alrighty... Well I didn't know how much either you or Ivy would eat so I ordered you a pizza each, as in a whole medium pizza to yourself." Sasha glances at Ivy and sees her dancing around, overjoyed by the fact she would have a pizza to herself.

Of course, this is when Lyath and Mia decide to wake up demanding to be fed through their shrieking screams. "Really..?" Ivy sounds very annoyed, she probably hadn't been getting much sleep the past month.

(45 minutes pass)

My stomach once again voices that I am hungry once again and suddenly, the doorbell rings! Sasha opens the door, grabs the pizza's and pays the person, thanking them as she closes the door.

"Pizza's here!" Sasha places the pizza on the counter and is just about to climb the stairs when Ivy, with Lyath in her arms, appears in front of her. "Ivy! You shouldn't be using your magic so soon after giving birth!" Sasha now has her arms crossed and is looking at Ivy pointedly.

"Fineeeeeee... But it's so much quicker to teleport!" Ivy sighs and then races to the counter for her pizza.

Ivy's and my pizzas are gone within 15 minutes. Sasha on the other hand is still eating hers... wow... it's either Ivy and I are super fast or she's really slow. Not sure what it is though, eh, whatever *Mental shrug*.