Chapter 75

————————Delua's POV————————

About half an hour ago I lost sight of both the vampire guy who yelled at me and that Mefwa girl. By now I'm almost certain the chick's name is Reiya, just like the Mefwa from the bounty. Everything I have learned from observing her has re-enforced that thought. She seems to have an air of caution around her and probably won't let me in very easily. But, she definitely has more of an adventurous side to her.

Her more adventurous side only seems to come out when she's with that Vamp guy, I mean, who wouldn't want to get a bit adventurous with him... I saw them have quite the afternoon yesterday and I almost expected them to go at it again this morning! Not that I would mind watching him... Grr, I have to keep focused on the bounty!

That being said, I should start to strategize. My first step should probably be to apologize to Sasha... After that, I'll probably try my hand at befriending the Mefwa. I might also try to grab the Mefwa kit, it'd be pretty valuable. The kit doesn't seem to be a regular Mefwa either, if it's a hybrid then that's even better!

With all the bounty money and the money from nabbing the kit, I'll be living in comfort for a decent amount of time... Who knows, maybe I might even get enough to pay for my reassignment surgery! That would be a great weight off my shoulders, I won't need to worry about people mis-gendering me anymore.

Alright... best to get a start on step one, making up with Sasha. This might be difficult, actually it will be. She's changed a lot since I last saw her. Does she even keep in touch with that asshole she was supposed to be mated to? Probably not, she seems really happy with her current mate... Ivy..? I'm not sure, *mental shrug* oh well!

I slowly get out of my hiding spot and head for the nearest café. When I get there I will ask if Sasha would be up to meeting with me. Hopefully she will be, if she is, it'll make my life a lot easier. But knowing how she would've responded two years ago, I doubt that she will be...

As I buy a small hot chocolate I scan the seats, looking for a free spot. Luckily there are a few open places and I choose one that's semi-hidden from the entrance. Sipping my drink, I pull up my messages with Sasha.

(Text Conversation)

"Hey... I know you probably don't want to see or talk to me right now but, I'm at Clear Sky Café."
•Delua

"..."
•Sasha

(Text Conversation Over)

I sigh and mumble to myself, "Well that worked well. Good going Delua, good going!"

"What worked well? Maybe I can help." I freeze and slowly look up at the stranger who interrupted my self-bashing pity party.

"No... I don't think... I don't think that you could. I just messed something up with my closest buddy."

"Well then at least allow me to lift your spirits with some lunch?" I look up at the handsome stranger.

"I— uh— I'mnotagirl..." I hurriedly speak while hastily getting up to leave.

"That isn't a problem for me." He flashes me a flattering smile, "So, how 'bout it?"

I hesitate, am I reading too far into this..? Is he genuinely just trying to cheer me up, or is he trying to be smooth and ask me out..? "...Uh— Uhh..."

He softly chuckles, "If your worried about how to take this, you can take it how you want... I don't want to make you uncomfortable or anything..."

My eyes widen, is he some sort of psychic?! "U-uhmm..."

He chuckles again then leans in close to my ear and huskily whispers, "I can be whatever you want me to be"

I duck my head, hiding my blush, "O-okay, lunch *clears throat* Lunch sounds nice..."

He smiles and gently grabs my hand, leading me along. I swallow hard, stunned by this handsome stranger but conflicted by his obvious ability to read my mind... or at least somewhat...

(Just Under An Hour Later)

Sliding down in my chair a bit I accidentally make direct eye contact and fail to hide my blush this time. He smiles unfazed and jokingly winks.

My voice comes out as a squeak, "So, *clears throat* Wh-what was your name again..?"

Chuckling he leans back in his seat, "Spruce. My name's Spruce."

I nod and he waves the waitress over, asking for the bill. He pulls out his wallet as do I and he gives me a look telling me to put mine back. I'm about to protest when he takes my wallet from my hand to stop me.

When the waitress comes over with the bill he pays then motions for me to follow. Deciding that I'm more curious about why he wants me to follow, I stand then catch up with him. Once Spruce notices that I'm beside him, he smiles.

Looking at him curiously I try to figure out what he's doing, does he want to show me something, is he just testing me, does he plan on bringing me somewhere more private..? My mind creates a whirlwind of possibilities for his purpose but, although he is definitely listening in on my thoughts, he doesn't reveal anything!

Suddenly he turns into an alley and I almost walk right past him. He pulls me into the alley and smiles devilishly. I quirk an eyebrow and he strikes, pinning me to a wall and forcefully capturing my lips. My pulse quickens as I respond to him, sparks dancing across our lips.

He calmly breaks our kiss and speaks in a low, gravelly tone, "I guess I was right about you..."

Before I can voice my confusion he's pushing me rougher against the wall and kissing me harder. My questions fade to the back of my mind as our actions become more needy and desire-driven. I pull him impossibly closer then become aware of just how much he craves for me.