Chapter 57

—————————Ivy's POV—————————

It's been hours of endless searching and my mind is starting to tear itself apart. It's not the distance that's ripping me at the seams, it's the fact that I don't know anything when it comes to who or what I'm dealing with.

My instincts tell me to rip apart anyone who gets in my path, whether or not they meant to. But, as a whole I only want to rip apart the person/people responsible. I never really feel like harming others... minus Jake... and Sydney... and Mr. Ryder... and uh... her, the woman who started all the torture... Maybe I am turning into a monster, like all those stories say. But... wouldn't I have already lost myself..?

Rose takes control because she knows that when I'm in this mental state I probably won't make many good decisions... I don't remember ever loosing control of myself completely but sometimes, especially with 'higher-born' beings blackouts are fairly common. Luckily, I have always been near people who could either calm me down, distract me or overpower me... Maybe I have lost myself, maybe I never really found myself.

I don't even know why I'm thinking about it this way..? Whatever. Whoever took my mate and son will pay! There have been too many things I've acted passive-aggressive about but this will not be one of them. Sasha is mine as I am her's and Lyath is ours, there is nothing that will keep me from my family.

(A few hours pass)

As I trudge into a clearing that is well removed from the the entrance and path of the forest I can tell it's not completely natural. There's something in the air, a density of something, I can't tell what it is but I know that whatever it ends up being isn't good... I walk the perimeter first, then scale a tree in an animalistic way.

Perching on a mid height branch, I exhale the tension I feel as best I can then close my eyes, focusing on my other senses. As expected someone approaches me, not exactly quietly but quiet enough for a human to be unable to hear it. I mentally roll my eyes and use a small hint of magic to get a relative understanding of my surroundings as well as the person who draws nearer still. They grow completely silent and I prepare for an attempted pounce...

They leap into the air and I casually slide off the branch, land in a somersault then stand to face my attempting attacker. They of course fell for my 'human girl' appearance so when I easily dodged them and they saw the bright purple eyes of Rose... well let's just say they probably will have to change... pfffff, they probably shit their pants! Ahahahaha!

"What do you want?" I speak with a steady, commanding tone, just like how I was taught by my father.

"...Me..? What do you mean..?" I look them dead in the eyes and sigh, showing my displeasure with their answer. "I didn't do anything!"

"Oh, but you did. You thought I was human and tried to sneak up on me and you just fucking tried to pounce on me!" This person shrugs in a uncaring way and slips off his hood.

"So? I didn't actually touch you, like at all."  I roll my eyes for real this time.

He's obviously looking for an argument. A big part of me wants to be the 'bigger person' but fuck that! It's not like I really need to, I mean he did walk into a large forest and he did try pouncing on me... So... I leap at him then shift halfway to him, knocking him down immediately and land on him in a sleek but powerful wolf form. Rose asks for more control and I comply, happy that we actually can still shift into pretty much any wolf form we can think of!

*wheeze* *cough* *cough*

We look down at the guy and only move on of our paws onto the ground to let him get just enough air for speaking.

"What the *gasp for air* fuck?! Why'd *gasp for air* you jump *cough* *gasp for air* on me?!"

Rose and I growl and press our claws into his chest.

*groan of pain*

We smile in what is definitely an evil wolfish grin. *Bark*

The guy looks kinda terrified and Rose is enjoying it. He obviously doesn't know what we really are which makes it even more interesting. Little does he know that we haven't fed in weeks!

We use my clean claw (we switch which claw is pinning him) and apply a heavy amount of pressure to his collarbone, fracturing it swiftly.

*scream*

Next we bring our large wolf head closer to the claw marks we made just seconds ago. Rose gives back control and I shift back into my normal form. I then  tear into his wounds sating the ever-growing hunger I've had.

*scream that fades*

I lick my lips and stand. OoOh NoOo, guess I must've wandered into a beastly forest, I mIgHt Be In DaNgEr... ahahahahahaha

*almost silent chuckle*

————————Spruce's POV————————

I look out of my magically concealed cabin-style mansion, hypnotized by the beautiful monstrous woman outside. Maybe this girl would be a better choice..? I could just keep dear ol' brother's mate as a toy or slave... Yea, that's a great plan!

Satisfied with my newest plan I comb my hands through my hair and look at my reflection on the window. Taking a deep breath, I stride to the door. I sneak out of the concealment spell's boundary and walk calmly to my target.

"Hey... you need help hiding that?" I point to my dead henchman.

She whips around and I'm even more drawn to her. I see the bright red eyes and remember they were purple not too long ago and had been hazel at one point too, she's a hybrid! Even better! Her surprise morphs into annoyance then lands on something I can't quite place.

The girl looks away bashfully, "I-I... If you wouldn't mind..?" She peeks at my expression gratefully. Huh, she's going to be mine by tonight at this rate! I can't wait to have her as mine.

"Why would I offer if I minded? I wouldn't come over to you just because I find you enchanting, I wouldn't want to stand here gaping at you like a fish! That'd just be disrespectful!" Her cheeks flush more and she digs one of her feet, twisting the toe of her shoe into the ground.

"E-enchanting?!" She's gone breathless and her voice became turned into a high pitch.

*entertained chuckle* "Yea, you are just enchanting. I had to come over for the opportunity to assist such a beautiful woman!"

I crouch down and lift the useless asshole's corpse and walk it to the nearby river, tossing it in with ease.

"Woah... You're soooo strong!"

Forget getting her by tonight! I'm gonna have her in an hour, tops! Maybe I'll even get to give her the best time she'll have ever had... mmh! If I keep thinking like this I'm going to give myself blue balls!

The girl playfully nudges me over with her shoulder and giggles. "Since you helped me today... Can I have your name? Possibly even your number..?" She looks embarrassed, normally I would milk the moment but I don't want to with her.

"Sure, as long as I can have yours?" She blushes and nods shyly. "Well... my name's Spruce.  Now just open up a new contact and I will fill it in."

She unlocks her phone and taps into an app then hands me her phone but doesn't fully let go. "W-well my name's Lily... and I'll just shoot you a message so you'll have my number."

"Alright, there you go Lily! Do you want to hang out with me at my place? Or is that too forward..?"

"I-I wouldn't mind..." Lily hides her reddening face by looking down.