Chapter 35

The rest of the day goes by in a fast haze. Nothing really interesting happened, we baked a bit with Reiya to cheer her up and watched a few movies together too. Now Sasha and I are in our room and something seems off with her... she seems more tired than normal and she refuses to tell me why.

Just as I'm about to try my luck with mentally asking, she literally falls face first in the bed (we were cross legged) and I can't get any reaction from her. I touch her mind gently and notice that she's unconscious! Sasha is too deep in unconsciousness to communicate with so I try to shake her awake. Nothing works! Her heart rate sounds normal and her breathing is even too. I shakily grab my phone off the bedside table and dial the emergency number for super naturals.

"Hello, what's your emergency?"

"M-My mate just randomly passed out, I tried everything to wake her b-ut it's not working! I even tried to mind link her but I can't! Her wolf isn't responding and she's not responding to and stimuli! I-I don't know what to do... I think she needs professional attention, c-can you send an ambulance or something?" My voice is shaky but the responder seems to understand.

"Of course! Could you please tell me your location and stay on the phone with me?"

"Y-yeah, we are at 3159 Padlin Avenue. Please tell them to hurry... I don't know how severe whatever is happening to her..."

"I understand, I have notified a team and they are leaving the station right now. Can you tell me anything odd that happened in the last few days?"

"No... the past week we've been staying at the house and reading. The only things unusual are that our friend opened up to us fully and for the past few hours my mate has seemed extremely tired. She's never been this tired before... even when we've wandered all around town for almost the whole day."

"Okay, I can see why you are so worried. This appears to be extremely unusual... The response team should almost be at your location now, could you go wait for them at the door or have someone else there?"

"O-okay..." I move the phone away from my mouth, "REIYA! Can you go get the door? It's an emergency!!"

"Sure!"

"Alright... someone is there to let them in. What should I do? Should I move my mate..? Or find things that the team might need..?" Just sitting here makes me feel useless, but I also don't want to leave Sasha's side...

"Just sit tight and wait is the only thing you can do right now, I'm think your mate will like to know you were right beside her the whole time." Just as the phone operator finishes their sentence, I hear the door open and at least four sets of footsteps climb the stairs.

*Knock knock* "C-come in! She's i-in here!" My voice is shaking again and can't help but worry what will happen.

Four people walk in, two girls and two guys, without saying a word they approach me and Sasha. I know they are trying to help but I can't hold back a warning growl letting them know that I would not be impressed if they hurt Sasha. They put their palms out in a 'we are harmless' motion. Next, one of them brings a type of stretcher into the room and all of them gently move Sasha onto it. I get up and scurry along after the four people.

As we walk through the front foyer Reiya gives me a worried look from the kitchen, it's clear that she's stressed and about to bake. I give a half smile that definitely doesn't make it to my eyes and follow the team into a ambulance style vehicle.

(4 hours pass)

I'm in a waiting room of sorts surrounded by an assortment of other worried beings. A doctor quickly makes his way to me and has a somewhat grim look on his face. The colour drains from my face.

"Miss. Martin right?" I nod "Well, there's some good news... Miss. Nightshade will survive. However, we have no idea as to when she will awaken... We were, luckily, able to figure out what put her into this state." I stare at him telling him to continue, "Miss. Nightshade was poisoned... we have no clue what poison was used nor it's long term effects."

"C-can I see her?" I don't want to go home without her and I definitely don't want to leave without a goodbye, even if she can't hear me...

The doctor nods, "Of course. Right this way." I follow him and once I see her I zip past him to sit on the edge of her bed. "I will leave you alone for a few moments. I will be back soon though because visiting hours are almost over."

I swallow and gently grab Sasha's hand with both of mine. "I wonder if this is what it was like for you when I was pretty much dead..." I adjust my position with some trouble due to the ever growing bump that shouldn't grow anymore... I struggle a bit until I feel somewhat comfortable cuddled up (very awkwardly) against Sasha. "Hope you wake up soon, if you don't I'm not sure what I'll do."

After about half and hour the doctor comes back. "I am going to check her vitals and then I'm afraid you'll have to go. I let you stay 20 minutes longer than I should have already." I get up with some difficulty but don't walk away from the bed. The doctor presses a few buttons on the monitoring systems and checks the contents of a bag I hadn't noticed. "So far it looks like the treatment for her poisoning is working. I will have some tests done on what we were able to flush out, however there is no guarantee the poison will be identifiable. I'm afraid that you need to go now but visiting hours begin at 9:00am tomorrow. Hopefully you can get some sleep knowing that we are doing everything we can to speed up Miss. Nightshade's recovery." I nod numbly and place a kiss on Sasha's forehead before turning around to leave.

As soon as I get outside I smell the air to locate the forest. Once I reach it's edge I shift and pass control to Rose. We bound through the trees making sure to tire ourselves out as much as possible. Picking up on a semi-familiar scent we alter our direction to find the source. As we enter a clearing we slow down.

Once we are almost in the centre we notice that there is an unnatural mound by our paws. The dirt seems to have been piled recently, at most a couple weeks. We take a big whiff and pick up on the slight stench of decay. Our eyes widen as we recognize the base scent. This mound is hiding the dead body of Sydney?! That bitch that Jake had been fucking! I usually don't want anyone dead but Sydney as well as Jake were two people both Rose and I are extremely glad were gone. We sit beside the mound and think about who would have done this because last I heard, she was (somehow) well liked by the pack. Rose surrenders control to me and a thought pops into my head; what if Sasha did this? She is definitely tough enough to do it and she does seem to enjoy the thrill of the kill (not in a maniac way).

I get up and shift back into human form. The thought of Sasha having done this weirdly warms my heart, it seems that she is extremely intuitive even when I have not voiced my thoughts... I really hope she wakes soon, it hasn't even been two hours and I already miss her presence. Sighing I turn around and walk in human form to the house, my heart feeling like a boulder.

Approaching the house I smell some of the most delicious baked goods but can't seem to really bask in the usually calming smell. Reiya looks out the kitchen window and sees me slowly making my way to the front of the house. She open the door for me and instantly sees my downcast look. "Do you know what happened..?" Reiya asks this in an almost unstressed sounding way and I don't say anything. I nod then awkwardly position myself to hug her.

"Sasha was poisoned... the doctors don't know what was used or when she will wake up — If... she wakes up..." tears have already begun forming in my eyes and Reiya slowly exits my embrace before leading to a couch to sit.

"Ivy... You know she's strong, I'm positive that she will wake up! You just need to be patient. I don't think that anything will be able to keep you two apart, ever, and I'm sure you will get some more information each time you visit her. You aren't alone in this! Heck I miss her too, even though all she seems to do is steal my baking!" Reiya jokes and I manage a half smile.

"Yeah... *sigh* I don't know how she got through the month I was out... especially since I was in such a bad condition." I shake my head a bit, a few tears escaping my watery eyes. "She better get back to us soon, I don't think I can get through everything without her..."