Chapter 23

It's been a few hours since I met Alpha Stevenson- I mean Jake... Still gonna need to figure out what I actually should call him.

I want to believe him that mates exist but that would mean my people lied to me. I don't want to believe they would lie about something so amazing. I could smell another girl had been in his room that definitely wasn't Ivy... and it is a really fresh scent.

This female scent sorta worries me because shit went down last time something happened like this... Nobody wants to see me angry, not even myself. I wouldn't be able to keep up the appearance of a regular human.

"So, what did you say your name was?" Jake says randomly, scaring me out of my thoughts.

"Eep! *tail appears* Y-you scared me! *tail disappears*" fuck... that was close... I can't let that happen again! "My name? It's Reiya. *soft laugh* I was about to ask your but I already know it!*giggle*"

A deep rumble sounds from his chest as he laughs and shakes his head at my admission. "Oh kitten, you are so cute. I don't know what I did to deserve you." I barely notice it but when he says the last part there is was dark aura that briefly appeared but, that was probably just my nerves.

He walks closer and embraces me whispering "This will only hurt for a second, I'm sorry kitten" before I can ask what he means he has fucking bitten me! WTF??? The last thing I remember is a tingly feeling emitting from the bite mark, then I pass out.

(An hour later)

"Kitten? Are you up?" I faintly hear someone say off to the left of me. "Please Kitten, I'm sorry..."

Everything rushes back to me now. I scramble upright and away from his voice, only to end up on the floor🤦🏻‍♀️...

I hear rapid movement then Jake comes into my view. "I'm so sorry Kitten! I don't know what came over me. I should have waited for you to be ready. Are you okay?"

I lock eyes with him and sense a bit of dishonesty but brush it off planning on questioning him about it later because right now I have a bigger question to ask him!

"WHY THE FUCK DID YOU DO THAT?!" Does he know how much that scared me? Probably not... "YOU, You scared the shit outta me!"

"I said I'm sorry... I didn't mean to scare you Kitten... please forgive me?" He has placed a hand on my chin, making me keep eye contact.

I blink a few times but sigh "Alright... But don't ever do anything like that again!" He looks pleased with my answer and releases my chin.

Jake gets up off the floor looks down at me but shakes his head a bit and walks off. "I'm going to be in my office, My Beta will be here soon to check on you and show you around. Make sure you don't try to run though... Because I will always find you" at first he just sounded like he was stressed but then it became more obvious that there was something that I don't know happening... Something very important...

A few minutes pass and a knock sounds at the door. I get up, brush myself off and put on my best smile. I quickly walk to the door and open it, revealing some guy I can only assume is the Beta.

The Beta steps in and I cautiously close the door. "Hello, I am Silas. I'm Jake's Beta, his second in command." I look at him a bit confused because although I knew about Alpha's I didn't know that anything about Beta's. Was my clan supposed to have one too? Or was it only a shifter thing?

"You are Reiya, right? The Luna to be?" He states making it seem like he was asking.

"How do you know my name..? And what do Beta's do? And what is a Luna? Oh! And what are mates?" I spew out question after question, tired of just getting more confused.

"*hesitant but soft laugh* Y-You're not joking are you..?" He seems very surprised by my lack of knowledge... Am I supposed to know this? I am basically a human that sprouts ears and a tail randomly.

"Oh, uh... wow... I woulda thought Jake had made sure you knew this stuff before marking you..."

"Marking..? What does that mean..?" I guess I won't be getting any answers any time soon... I should find some paper to write down all my questions, I have a feeling I will have many more by night.

Silas's jaw drops "You don't know what a mark is?! Damn... I knew Jake was becoming an asshole but I didn't think he would force his mark onto an unsuspecting human... I mean I would expect it if she were super natural, but she's not..." I know that I wasn't supposed to hear the last part so I kept those questions in my head.

"C-could you perhaps explain some of it to me? I guess I'm a bit clueless..." I ask trying not to make it obvious how much I really didn't know.

"I should ask Jake first, one second" his eye then seem to cloud over and he doesn't seem to be aware of anything around him...

'Hey uh Alpha? You're mate is completely clueless on just about everything... she literally just asked me what mates were and what a Luna was... What do you want me to tell her?'

'Silas! I told you before, don't disturb me when I'm busy! Just tell her whatever make her stop asking about shit.'

"Ahem... Well how about we go to the library just down the hall, hm?"

"I, I guess..." I feebly answer not knowing what to think about whatever just happened in my head...

Silas begins walking away expecting me to follow but I've had enough! I am not some mindless female people can boss around! I spin in the opposite direction and march along the hallway, occasionally sniffing to find mister Alpha.

I hear Silas huff behind me but he doesn't try to stop me? Instead he just matches my pace.

"Look Reiya, I can tell you want answers but, you really don't want to find Jake right now... Trust me" He says this cautiously as if trying to decide how much he should say.

"No! You look, I have been pushed around my whole life! I have been excluded from everything including meals! I am done being some toy to people just because they feel like it! I am my own person! So for fucks sake, tell me why I shouldn't go find him right now!!"

He looks extremely shocked and for a second I don't fully get why... then the colour drains from my face as I see he isn't looking at me he's looking above me...

"Fuck..." I whisper to myself knowing it's useless to try and explain my ears and tail.

"Y-your not human..?" Silas stutters and I roll my eyes.

"You really think a human would be able to follow a scent as exact as I did? We passed tons of doors he could have been in but yet, I knew he wasn't."

"...right..." he looks away somewhat embarrassed..? "I-I guess it just shocked me more that you aren't a simple human but you also don't seem to be a shifter either?"

"I guess at this point I may as well tell you, I'm a Mefwa also known as a cat-person. My species is thought to be extinct but in reality, I come from a clan that went into hiding as soon as people began killing our species." I decide that I will deal with Jake later, Silas seems to actually be kinder than him anyway...