Chapter 6

As the sunlight filtered through the leaves around me I took a moment to take in my surroundings. Deciding to check if I was in wolf form or not first I looked down. To say I was surprised would be an understatement. I was in human form FULLY CLOTHED! That is sooo unexpected, most Werewolves rip their clothing while shifting. The only way some clothes stayed on was if it was an alpha and even then it was only their pants.

After I got over my shock, I took in my now official mate. He was still sleeping and had me in what I will call a death grip. The only way I could free myself would be to wake him up. For now, I am comfortable with just observing the animals scurrying around.

My gaze drifted back down to Jake and I decided to be that cliche girl that just stares at her boyfriend/mate until he wakes up.  Also just like that cliche he groggily asks " Like what you see?"

"That was what I was trying to decide..." I playfully replied. "Because in the morning light I'm starting to second guess my submission..."

As Jake absorbs what I said his wolf tries to surface and Jake started to look hurt by my words.

"Jake" at his name he looked into my eyes as if he were searching for an answer and I finish my sentence "I was joking you know..?". A humorous smirk appearing on my face. He relaxes then lets me out of his death grip.

He stretches the uncomfortable but heavenly sleep out and lets a soft smile grace his lips. I take a deep breath after stretching myself then state "Time to go grab my stuff and bring it to the pack house. After we do that we're free for the rest of the day." With my second sentence barely leaving my lips he has lifted me up (bridal style) and begun the short sprint to my home. Well my childhood home now...

This time we don't scale or jump the fence instead we walk around on the path and enter through the front door (somehow he hasn't even wobbled from holding up my weight!). Jake casually sets me down and walks straight to my room without directions, like I know it's easy to follow my scent but still!

When I finally drag myself up to my room, I notice that my stuff is everywhere with a suitcase and Jake in the middle. I roll my eyes then stifle some giggles before picking out what I want to keep. After I'm finally packed I clean the whole room and throw out everything that I wasn't taking, knowing the step-bitch would complain about how it was 'junk'. With almost all traces of my existence in the house gone excluding my mate as well as my smell, we left.

*Half Hour Later*

I wished that my dad was home when I left because not only had I forgot to say goodbye I hadn't told him about how the step-bitch abused me DAILY! I guess I can only hope that he finds out before she decides that her 'actual daughters' aren't good enough either.

Welp. Here's to the beginning of my mated life!

*A Week Later*

Jake had been super sweet the past few days and he didn't push me to complete the mate bond. For that I was grateful for because I know how strong the pull could be. He has been so over-protective of me but I didn't mind knowing it was instinct for any male supernatural.

The only issue is that Jake has slowly been getting distant and sometimes almost snaps at me. I am sure that isn't normal because instead of him getting angry at me he should become calmer. I don't know what I can do about that though and I'm kinda scared of what he might do.

I can't help but imagine him beating me up. The fact that his facial expression almost seems to mirror what the step-bitch would look like.

I hate myself for being scared of him. He would never hurt me, at least that's what everyone else says...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Hey peeps! I know that this chapter was short but I'm a bit low on inspiration currently. I hope the chapter was still good and enjoyable though!

Hope I haven't let anyone down with my lack of pizazz lately.