Chapter 62

I smell them before I see them, a couple dozen vampire men who seem to be following father dearest's command.

"You hear me boy?!" I look up at Mr. Spruce annoyed with his treatment of me.

"Did I hear you basically call me useless? Yeah! I fucking heard you!" I try not to completely let out my anger as I talk back. "You had abandoned me, don't you think I already know that you think I'm a disappointment?! I don't care for your opinion now anyway!"

"Watch your tone boy! Or I'll snap your head clean off!"

"Ahahahahahahaha, you really think that scares me? It'd be doing me a favour, so go ahead! Please by all means, be my guest!" Mr. Ryder looks shocked by my response.

"Where was this fire when it was needed?! You should know how to use your anger by now! Let it fuel you, let it be your sight!"

"Why should I? You'll never let anyone know who I really am! So, I'm done being your tool!" I storm off my thoughts swirling around forming my own plans.

That man never cared, why did I let myself believe he could? He's shown me nothing but the cold shoulder until he needs something!

————————Reiya's POV————————

(Back to when everyone is reunited)

"Spill" I spit out "Tell me what happened"

Ivy nods slowly and lets out a deep breath. "Okay, let's just go somewhere a little more private..."

Oak grabs our attention and leads the way to a meeting room on this floor, he doesn't need to be psychic to know that I'm not climbing another stair for at least an hour. We all shuffle in and Ivy walks to the far end of the table.

"So. What happened, or at least what I know happened, is that yesterday when bringing Mia here Sasha and Lyath were kidnapped. I had used every tactic I knew trying to get an idea on how it happened. I was unable to find any signs of forced entry which means that it would have happened a few minutes after I left and there was no scent trail I could follow. I tried sensing if any magic was used and there was none. I then texted you, Oak and Silas what I had pieced together. Shortly after updating you and him I told you not to tell Reiya because I didn't want her worrying. With Reiya's safety in mind I told you to keep her here. Then I grabbed the most suitable clothing as well as weapons and set out towards the pack and coven borders closest edge. I searched around the borders for any hints but found none. So I decided to continue my path from the border point closest to the house. I'm not sure how long I walked but eventually I chanced upon a dense forest. I searched around for a while and climbed a tree for a better view but instead almost got knocked out, or worse. My attacker was not really good at taking note of the little things so I easily dodged him and well... he paid the price with his life. Then some horny dude helped me dispose of the body, which was really weird but it ended up being a good thing. I wanted to know what this guy was doing in the woods so I let him believe that I was interested and he brought me to where Sasha and Lyath were hidden. He tried to lock me up, it failed, and I found then helped Sasha get out with Lyath. Well I guess I kinda tried to shove the dude over a cliff... but Lyath didn't let him fall to his death. I ended up just using vines and ivy to prevent him from catching up."

"What..? That is quite the story..." My eyes are wide and mouth gaping with astonishment.

"Yeah."

"Wait... who was the horny dude? Did you get his name..?" Ivy looks at Oak and Sasha rubs one of her arms while looking away from him.

"Oh, uh... yeah. His name was Spruce..? I think..?" Sasha cringes at his name but nods.

"Yeah. His name is Spruce. He uh... He was supposed to be my mate... But uhm he— he left and rejected me... About, um, 2? years ago?" Ivy looks close to tears and hugs Sasha who despite her fairly calm exterior is shaking a bit. "Heh... he uh, he rejected me because even after a month I wouldn't give him all of me..."

"Well he's obviously an asshole anyway! I think that the only reason he 'helped' me was to try to get me to follow him. He probably planned on trying to get me to sleep with him but then remembered that I had been able to sense you, since he had seen me shift..." Ivy gives Sasha a loving squeeze and goes on her tip toes to kiss Sasha on the cheek.

"I know, it still hurts though..."

"Oh! Uh, also, this may not be important or relevant but he kinda looked like Oak with blonde hair and green eyes..." I look at Oak who's eyes are wider than they've ever been.

"Th-there were rumours th-that I, uh, I had a— uhm, a twin..." Everyone looks at Oak with surprise all over their face. "Heh... I-I, uh, never thought much of it... Guess I should have..."

"Nah, he's probably nowhere as cool as you!" I can't help myself, I have to say it!

*mumbling* "I'm not that cool but okay..."

"Stop! Don't put yourself down! You are pretty awesome!" I smile wide as a blush creeps onto his cheeks.

*Oak looks away embarrassed* "Stahp... No I'm not..."

I roll my eyes, "Yeah you are." I then turn him to look at me and kiss him quickly before remembering that Ivy and Sasha are still here. *embarrassed giggling*

It's not even a second before Sasha and Ivy say, "Awwww!"

Ivy even makes her hands 'kiss' causing me to blush even brighter.