Chapter 65

———————Delua's POV———————

I follow behind Sasha and can't help but notice almost everyone sending me dirty looks, how childish! Can't they be civil? I'm not glaring at them and I'm not trying to kill them, well I guess I am kinda glaring... but only cus they are!

"Sasha, where the fuck are we going? I just got here and you're already dragging me around town!"

"Delua! You shut your mouth or I'll throw you to the wolves..."

As if on cue a bunch of the people staring at me growl and let smirks show. I stick out my middle fingers as me and Sasha walk past.

"Delua... I'm warning you... if you continue to act this way there will be nothing I can do to save you."

I just look at Sasha and she sighs annoyed with me. She shakes her head trying a last ditch effort to stop me. Ha! Like that would stop me!

"Hey all you mutts!" Sasha ducks her head and covers her face trying to hide, "you want a piece of me? Come and get it!" I hit my ass and raise my eyebrows suggestively while trying not to laugh.

"Did you— did you seriously just do that?! Are you fucking crazy?!" Sasha grabs my forearm and drags me along behind her as she literally races down the streets.

"Fuck yea! Suck it mutts!" She looks back at me and glares.

"Y'know what? I'll just let them get you... I might stop them from killing you though, not sure yet." Sasha throws my forearm.

The mob of angry mutts close in, many of them scratching and biting. I'm not sure who started throwing punches but pretty soon I've been propped against an ally wall and people are taking their anger out on me.

"Alright, alright... That's enough... You do much more and he's dead! Even though he's a bit of an asshole, I do still need him alive..."

Slowly the mob clears and Sasha slings one of my arms over her shoulders to keep me steady. To say she looks unimpressed would be an extreme understatement... I don't think she'll forgive me for a while. Oh well, I expected as much.

"So, you— uh— you've began the big part of your transition since I left? What else has happened in the past 2 years?" I think about Sasha's question for a few minutes.

"Well, I found some mission postings nearby... I also quit my job, since y'know, they were against trans people... Speaking of, have you seen any hiring advertisements lately..?"

"Nice, nice. I'm happy for you! That's a really big step and I'm not sure... I haven't been in town much for the past few months."

"Alright, well, just keep you eyes open!"

"Of course! Now, what is the mission post about that you found?"

*whispering* "It's about this being called a Mefwa... They're really rare and the ad promises buckets of cash for the capture and retrieval of the Mefwa! I'm really excited, this is a big thing for me. I hope I can find a steady job to start and begin finding clues on this Mefwa's whereabouts.

*whispering* "A what? Oh my! What does the Mefwa look like?"

*whispering* Well, they have light brown hair with blonde highlights, they have pink ears with a white inner ears and finally the name 'Mia' tattooed on the back of her right shoulder. Oh! And it's a girl. How long do you think it will take me to find this chick?" Sasha just shrugs.

*whispering* "I don't know dude, I haven't seen you for 2 years! What's she wanted for?"

*whispering* "She's wanted for murdering some important people of her own species! Crazy right?!"

*whispering* "MURDER?!? Are you fucking crazy? You're gonna get yourself killed!" I give Sasha a 'really' look, "ugh, just— Just be careful, okay?"

*whispering* "Obviously! I gotta become who I feel I am before throwing caution completely to the wind!"

*whispering* "You better mean that..." Sasha glares at me as she says this. *normal volume* "Anyway, I guess that since you are so close to unconsciousness I may as well bring you to meet my fiancé..." *mumbling* "I hope I don't regret this..."

(10 minutes pass)

"Here we are! Ready to meet my Fiancé, Delua?" I nod and smile assuringly as I lean on the wall beside the front door. "Alright!"

Sasha opens the door, "Ivy! Can you come over here?!"

"Yea?! What's up?" A girl around Sasha's age walks into view.

This girl looks like she has some spice to her overly sugary outer shell. I can tell why Sasha's so keen on keeping her! Wonder what brought them together.

"Ivy, this is an old friend of mine! His name is Delua, he has had a few interesting jobs so he lots of stories!"

"Oh— uh... Hi..?" Ivy awkwardly holds out her hand for me to shake.

"Hello, you look good enough to eat" I wink and sneak a glance at Sasha.

"Delua... Don't make me do something I might regret..!" Sasha can tell that I'm joking but her puma definitely doesn't like my comment.

"Easy there kitty... I'm not making moves on your girl, don't worry..." I hold my hands in surrender.

"Well then... uhm... nice meeting you..? Bye?" Ivy quickly retreats back to wherever she had been.

I look to Sasha and quirk an eyebrow, "She's definitely a keeper, I'm happy for you! There's no time like the present to make her yours for the rest of your lives."

"Yea. I don't know how I was so lucky..."

"You practically erase people who always choose to do the most negative thing! You deserve to have happiness, you deserve her." I nudge Sasha then hobble into the house.

"Oh! Delua, do you need help? Let's get you seated!" Sasha rushes back to my side and helps me settle into an armchair. "Ivy and my roommate is out for the day with the kids so you don't need to worry about being in the way or anything."

"Thank you, I'm surprised you didn't tell me not to come even though it's been two years..."