Chapter 48

I walk into a random room and luck was on my side because it was a bathroom! I grab the extra hand towel (that is luckily a dark colour) then wipe off my hands and nails. I toss the now used (and bloody) towel on top of the toilet lid then walk back to the entry way cooing to Mia the whole way.

Mia is completely oblivious to the dark deeds I just commit and stalk up the stairs to the top, I assume the layout is very similar to that of a shifters pack/clan house. Taking a sniff of the air I am able to approximate where Oak must be and walk down the proper hallway. As I near a double-door Oak's scent becomes extremely potent so I knock.

The door swings open to reveal a shocked Oak "Reiya!? What are you doing here?" He shifts around feeling slightly awkward..?

Then he gestures for me to enter his office, which I do, and he races to his desk to hide something.

"Hey Oak. I brought something that I found in my yard the other day and unless there have been people creeping on Ivy, Lyath, Sasha, Mia or myself, you're the only person it could belong to..." I reach into my pocket to grab the folded paper.

"Oh?" A slight bit of worry crosses his expression, "What did you find?"

I hold the folded paper out, "This which is really nicely made, by the way..."

Oak takes the paper and unfolds it. Not even a millisecond later there is a small blush climbing his face.

"S-so you looked at it..?" He looks away, avoiding my gaze.

"Yeah and like I said, it's nicely made. You have really cool techniques!" I remember the scene that resembles a crime movie downstairs, "J-just so you kn-ow... there's, there's a bit, well actually a lot, of a mess downstairs..." I scratch my head worried about how he would respond to what I did.

"A m-mess?"

I whisper "yeah..."

"O-okay" is all he says. He doesn't move much and is looking just past my head.

I start gently bouncing Mia which causes Oak to look directly at me and notice Mia. Slight surprise washes over his face but soon leaves.

I am just turning around starting to feel awkward when I feel his sudden increase of proximity. He's so close to me that I can feel his breath on my neck which causes me to slightly shiver. Before I shake off the shock Oak gently grabs my farther hand, making me turn around to face him.

"What's up..? Do you need something?" A small bit of hesitation rises to his face but he quickly gets past it.

"No," i'm just about to ask why he stopped me when the distance between us disappears and his lips meet mine.

I stumble backwards after a second, shocked by what I felt... "W-wha-what? Wh-why? H-ow?"

Oak looks into my eyes, "Don't tell me you forgot that you're my second chance?" He has a serious expression but is using a playful tone.

I look away a blush creeping up my face, "W-well... I-I did, b-but I also didn't..?" I smile sheepishly and proceed to hide my face by snuggling into Mia.

Oak laughs and although it's super cliché I know for certain that his laugh is my new favourite sound. He slowly releases my arm and I very slowly turn to leave.

"Wait, Reiya? You aren't mad about me uhm... about me kissing you... randomly... right?" I laugh a little and shake my head letting him know that I didn't mind.

I shyly walk out of his office and almost run into his father! Who had plenty of time to move out of the way but NoOoOoOo... I have to move *internal eyeroll*

"Move you little brat!" Jeez! Someone needs to stop skipping their morning chill pills...

"Oh-hoho, I'm the brat? You're the one who obviously tried to have me removed forcefully!" It takes a lot for me not to pounce on him from annoyance.

"He did what?!" Oops... forgot Oak was still close enough to hear us...

"Nothing son, the brat's just making up lies" Oak literally rolls his eyes!

"Right... so my men randomly decided to lay their hands on her? And then punished themselves? That sounds believable..." at first I'm confused about how he knew but then I remember he has way better senses than I do... he probably could smell that I had given them injuries...

Mr. Ryder just glares at his son for a second, "Oak... You need to snap out of it! You could be a great Lord but you're letting little brats influence your every thought! First it was Ivy, whom would have made you one of if not the most powerful and young Vampire Lords! Now it's this little nobody! She's not even supernatural!"

The last part irks me so much... I just can't resist, "mhmm, right..." I pull off my hood and pull my tail free from the tail gap I made in the back of the sweater. Next I release my claws and allow my pupils to become slits. "Definitely not a ssupernaturall..." Some words slur with my feline teeth extending.

Mr. Ryder looks unimpressed by my display and so I obviously have to give him payback... in the form of pain *internal evil grin*. I raise my clawed hand and slap his cheek, making sure to drag my hand down his face before removing it.

"Whoopsies!" *extreme fit of giggles* "Toodles!" I skip off, my pupils and teeth back to normal and my claws retracted.

I do my best to avoid the blood stains left on the floor and re-feed my tail through the slit made for it as well as pull the special hood over my ears. Once I get outside fully I can't stop myself from laughing my ass off but I make sure to keep a steady pace.