Chapter 95

—————————Reiya's POV—————————

"Jasmine! Are you ready to start the baking for the wedding?!" I call out into the dining room.

"Of course!" She rushes in to the kitchen, "What are we making first?"

"First we're starting the main cake, then we'll spiral from there, whatever comes to mind we'll make!"

"Sounds like a plan! Here is the eggs, milk & butter." Jasmine passes me the fridge ingredients.

(Cake Layers Done)

"So cupcakes or brownies?" I ask her.

"Cupcakes obviously, Reiya"

"Too true!" I start to search the kitchen for the recipe.

"Reiya." I turn to her, "you're holding the recipe..."

"Oh! Hehe!"

The sweet scent of the freshly baked cake layers start to mix with the cupcake batter's smell and I have to take a minute before continuing.

I mumble to myself, "Why am I feeling so nauseous? It's too early for morning sickness... ugh. I've gotta get through today..."

(Cupcake Are Baked)

"Let's start to put the cake together! Ready Jasmine?" She nods and gets in a humorous 'ready' pose, "steady," she rocks back on the balls of her feet, "GO!"

We both race around the kitchen gathering all the decorations for the cake and she beats me to grabbing the first cake layer.

(Cake Is Finished)

"Whew! Guess it's about time to start decorating the cupcakes." I brace my hands on my knees and take a deep breath, pushing through the heavy smells of baking and holding my annoying nausea back.

(Cupcakes Get Decorated)

"Alrighty... Now we just throw together a nice display and cover everything to keep the flys away." I nod at Jasmine but have to steady myself with the counters.

"Reiya... Are you alright? You're not looking too good..."

I force a smile, "I'll be fine, just the set up is left anyway."

Jasmine shrugs and begins to place the cupcakes on the dessert table. I slowly bring over the layered and decorated cake. Carefully I set it down and then grab a chair, stand on the chair and add the wedding topper on, making sure not to ruin any of the icing.

Another wave of nausea hits me as soon as I get off the chair, "I'm so sorry Jasmine, *deep breath* but I'm not feeling well, *deep breath* will you be okay with the *deep breath* clean up?"

Jasmine rushes to my side, "Of course I can handle the clean up! Let's get you away from all the baked goods, into some fresher air..."

She keeps a hand on my shoulder just in case I'm about to fall and we walk out of the kitchen then to a bench outside at the front door.

"...thank you... I'm really super sorry about leaving the whole mess to you..."

She waves my apology off and bustles back inside mumbling to herself "She pushes herself too far sometimes jeez, all we need is the main baker for the wedding passing out..."

I rest my elbows on my knees then put my head on my hands and keep taking deep breaths. Only a few minutes pass before I feel much better and I head back in.

I had intended on going to help Jasmine but when I was anywhere near the kitchen, a small wave of nausea would rise, so instead I began to walk up to the first bedroom I stayed in here.

*knock knock knock*

"Mika? You in there?"

*knocking*

"Mika?" When she doesn't reply again I turn the knob and slowly open the door.

I stand in the open doorway, stunned.

I can tell that Mika hasn't been in this room since before the parties yesterday... and she also needed to grab the finished dresses from the clan! Oh no... Why didn't I pay more attention to her last night! She's missing and it was my idea to go to the beach...

*bzzzt*

I grab my phone from my pocket and notice that there are tons of notifications from Mika... whoops...

(Text Conversation)

"Hey Rei, just letting you know that I'm safe. I went into labor last night and Silas found me. He made sure to get me to the hospital safely and he even stayed overnight! I can't wait for you to meet your new niece!"
•Mika

"Rei..?"
•Mika

"Reiya..?"
•Mika

"Reiya?!"
•Mika

"Reiya?!?!? Hello?"
•Mika

"Reiya! This isn't funny!"
•Mika

"Reiya... please?"
•Mika

"Rei? Please respond... I'm starting to worry..."
•Mika

"OMG! I am so so so so so so so sorry for worrying you! I m was way too focused on the wedding baking... And What?! You went into labor and didn't think to message me until this morning?!? Do you have any pictures of her? What's her name? Is Silas still there? How are you? How is she? Did it go alright? Any complications???"
•Reiya

"I forgot about my phone to be honest lol. No I didn't take any pictures yet, her name is Lucy. Yes Silas is still here, I'm fine, she's fine, it went fine and no, no complications.😁"
•Mika

"Oh good! That's a lovely name, if only Lucy, the first one, was here... She'd be so happy and feel so honoured..."
•Reiya

"Wait... Silas IS STILL THERE?!?"
•Reiya

"Yeah... He's such a softie lmao, he started like apologizing about assuming my marriage to asshole was consented. It's not really normal for humans at least to marry people they hate so it's not like he'd have known!"
•Mika

"Pffff! Hey, at least now you know someone else who will stick with you for all the right reasons! I'll go find the dresses and stuff but I hope to see you today! At the very least come to the celebratory part?"
•Reiya

"Ofc!"
•Mika

(Text Conversation Over)

Wow... I'm an aunt now... like biologically... and now Mia has a cousin too! This is exciting! I can't wait to meet little Lucy, I hope that 'Big' Lucy is happy to be remembered and honoured in the same way that I honoured Mia...

I hope you're all doing well Lucy, Mia, Aaron, Tuck, Reiner and Jackson... I miss all of you!