Chapter 91

————————Delua's POV————————

I groan as I have to rush out of bed to upchuck everything I ate last night. This has been happening a lot lately and I had a doctor determine that it wasn't food poisoning. At this point, I don't have a clue as to what's causing my daily sickness and I can't help but wonder what Spruce is up to. It's been a little bit since I got my surgery done and I've been adamant that he doesn't come see me until I feel like I've recovered fully.

Shrugging I give in to myself and feel around for my phone once I find my way back to my bed to let him know that I feel good enough now. Of course it only takes a few seconds before he's knocking on my bedroom door which I find surprising since it is still his house... He's just been staying on the opposite side of it as per my request.

"So you're feeling better even though I can easily smell that you just threw up..? Did you think I wouldn't notice Dee?"

"I knew you would notice, I had just hoped you wouldn't mention it..." I turn to face away from him as if I was going to look out a window, but I can't exactly see out one...

"Something is obviously bothering you. Tell me what it is."

"Damn, so demanding! What if I don't want to cause you to worry as well?"

He speaks no words but his message is clear, I can't and won't ever be able to hide anything from him. I can feel his gaze on me and I clasp my hands accepting the truth.

"... It's just that I've been getting sick in the mornings for awhile and it's getting annoying. Nothing to actually worry about, you remember that I had a doctor come a week ago? Well she told me that it's nothing severe and that I don't have any illness. So the part that bothers me most is just not knowing what the cause is."

He walks over and sits directly beside me, making sure his shoulder touches mine and our knees are also touching. Sparks shoot from where we touch and I inhale sharply, having forgotten what it felt like.

"Anyway... what's been up with you?"

"Nuh uh uh. You're not going to change the subject like that so easily! Have you thought about asking for a second opinion? Like have a different doctor tell you what they think?"

"I have thought about it, but there is only that doctor who's a girl and I don't want to risk you going crazy-ass possessive..."

*Spruce Sighs* "Well um, I guess that this is kinda the best time to tell you but... I don't think we used any protection after I brought you to get you eyes checked..."

My face blanches at his words and I try to remember if we did or not... I can't remember us ever pausing to use a condom. That means I could be pregnant..!

"O-oh..! Uhm..." I rub the back of my neck feeling awkward and not knowing how to reply to his confession. "W-well... I uh... I guess I should probably go buy," I mumble, "a test..."

"R-right..!" Spruce moves out of my doorway then uncertainly follows behind me.

I grab my wallet (after struggling to find it a little) then cautiously make my way towards the front door only stumbling a bit. Spruce probably reasons that our progress will be slow because he grabs me and uses his vampire speed.

Once he finally puts me down I mentally ask which way and approximately how far away is the nearest convenience store. As a response he intertwines our hands and gently tugs me in a direction. Through our mental bond I can feel that he's nervous but also excited about the possibility of me being pregnant. I have similar feelings about it, if I do turn out to be bearing a child then that means that I won't ever actually see it...

I've thought about having a kid before and it's something that I do want, but now everything will be a lot more difficult. How would I be able to dress it? Or teach it to walk? Or ride a bike? Without sight, none of those will be things I can do... I want to be able to have an active part in their life however, my lack of sight will severely impact that. Yet, I still want a child. Even though I may not be able to do what I want to...

What would other kids think of me and Spruces child? Would our kid be bullied for having two fathers? Or because one of it's parents is blind? There'd be so much more to worry about... But, it would be both mine and Spruce's which is something I really want.

Spruce subtilely leads me into a store and I assume towards the aisle pregnancy tests can be found. By now he's shaking a bit and I can't tell if it's because he's scared or excited. If I'm honest, I don't even know if I'm more scared or excited... There is the slim possibility of me not being pregnant but since me and Spruce are mated, it's almost a guarantee that I am. Which kind of adds to my fear.

I take a deep breath and turn my head to Spruce, silently asking him to grab one of the tests for me. He hands me one of the boxes and we then make our way to the cashier. We get beckoned over and I successfully put the box on the counter. Before I get a chance, Spruce pays then pulls me along behind him out of the store.

Once outside the store he immediately picks me up again, this time holding me with our chests touching. I just accept it and put my head on his shoulder. We make it back to his hidden forest mansion in record time. Spruce kicks his shoes off and pulls mine off too before carrying me into the bathroom.

"Well aren't you impatient. Give me a chance to calm my nerves! It's not like you're going to be the one who will be carrying the child if there is one..."