Chapter 49

————Mr. Ryder/Past Vamp Lord————

"mhmm, right..." The girl pulls off her hood and pulls her tail free from a tail gap in the back of her sweater. Next she releases claws and her pupils become slits. "Definitely not a ssupernaturall..." Some words slur with her feline teeth extending.

I am extremely unimpressed by this brats display. She raises a clawed hand and slaps my cheek, dragging it down my face before removing it.

"Whoopsies!" *extreme fit of giggles* "Toodles!" She skips off, pupils and teeth back to normal and claws retracted.

"What is it with you? Why is your taste in women so horrible! You always choose the loose cannons! I cannot call you my son from here on forward, you are not mine!"

Oak stares at me mouth a gape, "A-are you disowning me..? Simply because I am following what the Blood God has planned for me? How am I choosing so called 'loose cannons'? It is the Blood Gods will! He has gifted me with a second chance who is just as strong and independent as Ivy! I don't understand how you are so disappointed in me for following my destiny but, whatever, disown me if you really think that will change facts. Have fun, sir." Where did that come from?! How dare he disgrace me! How dare he talk back!

Before I can get another word in, Oak has turned back around and locked his office door. That's it, I have no choice but to seek out the forgotten one...

———————Unknown POV———————

I withdraw from the depths of my mind as disgust blossoms in my chest. Wow. I really am just a last resort. Good thing I have the ability to tune into what is happening with them.

I can finally teach them a lesson... This is the chance I've been waiting for my whole life it seems. None if them will stand a chance against me! I am far more superior to them, far better, far stronger...

Now all I need to do is wait. My time to show them what power they threw away is nearly here! All that's in my way is time. Well time, Oak and him, my dreadful father...

I may as well prepare for his visit. Not that there's much to prepare... Ha! Who am I kidding? Why would I prepare anything for him!? He abandoned me! He left me for dead! Y'know what? I'll just make it messier for his arrival!

*crash*
*clang*
*clink*
*clatter*

Much better! I look around satisfied with the shattered vases, shattered decorative dishes, ruined pantings, smashed ceramics as well as random pens and pencils that now litter my floor.

"Perfect..." Yes, it's just perfect!

"*Ahem* Young master, there is somebody here to see you. They say it's urgent... What should I tell them?" My butler notices the floor, "and should I go get the maids..?"

"Let them in and no, leave the mess. I made it special for my guest..." as I speak two maids begin to enter my office but then hear me, bow their heads and back away.

"*The butler bows respectfully* Very well young master." He then departs to retrieve my guest.

Less than a minute passes and my so-called father enters my office, a disgusted look on his face as he takes in the state of it.

"Son... It's been a while, hasn't it?" He almost gags as he calls me 'son' what a wonderful father... *internal eye-roll*

"Oh, Father, no need for the fake pleasantries. We both know that you need something and that's the only reason you're here. That's the only reason you're ever here..." his face twists with anger as I call him out, I on the other hand pay him no mind. It's not like I even need to ask what he wants...

———————Mr. Ryder's POV———————

"Enough of this! You are a mature Vampire! Stop acting like a petty child... As you probably know, I have a bit of a pest problem..."

He rolls his eyes! Leaving him behind was the best thing I did! This little ungrateful shit... I would end him right now if I didn't need his men. But annoyingly, I can't unless...

"You're right, I am aware of the pests you are dealing with. So, let's make a deal, hm? I do your dirty work and re-home your pests, in exchange for... the head of my brother and his title, do we have a deal?"

What a greedy ass! There's no way I will let my Coven fall i to another set of incapable hands!

"No. Instead, I will allow you Oak's head and will let you take his second chance mate as well as her child as your own... is that a deal?"

His eyes sparkle at the mention of taking Oak's mate. For a few seconds he doesn't reply, thinking my offer over.

"Fine. Deal, I will remove your pests in return for my brothers head, mate and mate's child." We shake hands and he pulls me close, his mouth beside my ear and whispers, "If you dare to try to cross me... everything you hold dear will crumble and everyone you care for will die..."

————————Ivy's POV————————

Finally! Reiya has been 'on a walk' for quite a while! She just got home. Both Sasha and I are done packing the second load that will be moved and are tackling the third.

"Reiya! Where have you been!?" I then smell something familiar, "*sniff* You were at the Coven, weren't you!"

"Maybe..." Reiya blushes and looks away.

I quirk an eyebrow and tease her, "You wanted to see someone again?"

She blushes even brighter, "I-I had to re-return something..." still blushing and not looking at me, she undoes a make-shift baby bag/wearable carrier and adjusts Mia into a more comfortable position.

I smile a little bit and in my head have a bit of a fan-girl moment. She's so cute! I'm happy that although Reiya just met Oak, she already seems to like him! Eek!

(Mental Conversation):

"Did I just mentally squeal..? What the heck?! Am I becoming Reiya?"

"Uhm... yeah... you did... are you okay..?" Sasha seems to be joking at the end but I'm not sure...

"... I think so..? As far as I know, I'm okay..?"

"Oookaaayyy... If you say so..!" Sasha's presence fades from my mind.

(Mental Conversation Over)

"Uh... Ivy..?" Reiya calls out to me worriedly, "are you okay..?"

I literally shake my head, "Wha? Oh! Oh, yeah I'm fine hahaha. Just zoned out." Reiya doesn't look fully convinced.

"Okay then..." her expression changes suddenly, "Ready to hear my first ideas for you and Sasha's wedding!?"

That's the Reiya I know... "Uhm... shouldn't we wait until Sasha's here too..?" I hope this distracts her enough for me to back up the stairs but, unfortunately luck was not on my side...

"No need to wait, I'm right here." Sasha gives me a 'nice try' look and gently pushes me back to where I had been standing.