Chapter 52

————————Ivy's POV————————

Me and Sasha exchange looks as Mia's cry joins Lyath's. It's been over an hour since Reiya left to go who knows where in such a hurry. Jeez! She knows how hectic Mia becomes when she isn't around!

Eventually I give up trying to quiet Lyath and swap my crying bundle for Sasha's. As soon as Sasha has Lyath in her arms he goes silent! Of all things that could calm him all I needed to do was have someone else hold him?! He's such a picky little guy. I can tell he will be trouble once he starts to crawl...

Deciding to try something different to calm Mia I walk into Reiya's room and grab Reiya's favourite sweatshirt. I let Mia grab and smell it which calms her instantly! Seriously?! All she wanted was her mom? Why couldn't Lyath be my little man...

Instead, he has to cry whenever I hold him for anything except feeding him. I can't be too upset about it because he's still my cute little monster. Hopefully he won't become that teenager... All I need is to deal with another Stevenson fuckboy. At least if he did become that I would just have to teach him the proper way to treat a woman!

(Many minutes pass)

I am done with this! They're both crying again! Frustrated and annoyed by the screaming, I whip out my phone and press on Reiya's message conversation.

'Reiya? Where are you?! You've been gone like an hour and a half!'
•Ivy

I wait staring at my phone for a response but none come... The 'read' symbol doesn't even pop up! Wth?

I sigh and gather a small bag of necessities like diapers and spare clothes. Mind linking Sasha I let her know that there hasn't been any sort of response from Reiya and that I'm worried. I add that I'm going to look for her. Sasha tells me not to worry about Lyath, she would look after him.

Wincing at Mia's shrieks I dress her in her sweatshirt and put on one of the wearable carriers. I set out satisfied with what I grabbed and decide to check the Coven house first, remembering she's Oak's second chance.

(5 minutes pass)

I pick up on Reiya's faint scent and Mia seems to as well because she calms down again. I don't go to the front door, remembering that Oak's office and room are in the back. I sigh as I climb the back staircase, enjoying the fact that at this time most residents are out. Finally I reach the top floor and easily locate Oak's room.

"Oak?! *Knock Knock Knock* Can I come in?!"

I hear someone undoing multiple locks before the door opens a crack. I look at the person eyebrows raised in the 'are you gonna open the door' way and slowly the gap opens just enough for me to get in with Mia. I see Oak looking a bit annoyed laying on his bed then look at Reiya to find her a bright red.

"Ahahahahaha, sorry to cut whatever you two were doing short but... Mia won't stay quiet for more than five minutes at a time. The only thing that calms her is the smell of you," I signal to Reiya, "here is your bundle of joy. Anyway, next time maybe shoot me a message so I don't have a mini heart attack..?"

Reiya looks at me with an apologetic expression. "Oh my gosh! I am soooo sorry! I didn't mean to worry you! I just really wanted to take the time to get to know Oak a bit..."

I softly laugh, "It's okay, I get it." I wink at her, "Just don't have too much fun!" Reiya looks at the ground blushing more and Oak looks away also blushing and clears his throat. "Awww... did I embarrass you two? *laughing* Whoopsies!"

Before either of them can throw a pillow or something I flee, barely holding my growing amount of laughter in. I'm smiling the whole way back to the house and am happy to hear that Lyath isn't crying anymore.

Breathing in the quietness I walk into the house. My peace is shattered when I notice that it's too quiet... I begin checking everywhere in the house and find nothing! Not even a stray sock! I rush outside and inhale deeply, trying to pin down either of their scents but just get the fading smell of chemicals. I pale, somebody must have waltzed in right after I left! They were probably long gone by now...

I push down the bile that tries to make an escape. Deepening my breathing I focus on the energy and power imprints that would have been left if any magic was used. Annoyed that I can't find any, I storm back into the house and change into a skin tight but decently thick outfit. Rushing around I grab a small waist bag and pack it with any weapons of Sasha's that I can find/fit inside.

Satisfied with my protective equipment I look through the closet a second time and find a padded body suit and a thinner outfit. Not wasting any more time I change and shoot both Oak and Silas a text telling them not to let Reiya know that I found out Sasha as well as Lyath missing without a trace.

'DONT TELL REIYA but, Sasha and Lyath are missing! I can't find any signs of a struggle or break in... which means that it happened right after I left the house about 20 minutes ago give or take. I have also searched the area for any traces of magic or scent trails, both of which gave me nothing. Please keep an eye out for anyone or anything suspicious! I WILL NOT REST UNTIL I FIND THEM SAFE AND ALIVE!!!'
•Ivy

'... You're not joking are you..?'
•Silas

'You literally were just here... how is it possible for there to be no trace?! Whoever did it must have been around for a while before and would have needed to have a solid plan...'
•Oak

'WHY WOULD I JOKE ABOUT THIS?! SASHA IS MY FIANCÉ DUMBO! AND LYATH IS MY SON FOR FUCKS SAKE!'
•Ivy

'Jeez, don't need to be so rude... I will have my border patrols doubled in size and keep an eye out'
•Silas

'I will also double patrol sizes and keep an eye out, I will also lend you any resources you require.'
•Oak

'I will lend resources too! Anything you need!'
•Silas

'Thanks both of you! And Oak, please do your best not to tell Reiya...'
•Ivy

By now I'm almost out of the borders that are closest to the house and Rose is raging, ready to rip anything to shreds that stands in our way.