Chapter Twelve- The Notebook

The McCall twins separated as Derek took Scott to the hospital and Stiles drove Rosie home. Both Stiles and Rosie were rather shaken up about what they were willing to do to save Derek's life. Once outside her house, Rosie got out the car and stopped after opening the door.

"Are you not coming in?" She shouted to him across the front lawn. Awkwardly he rushed out of his car and began to lock it while dropping his keys in the process, making Rosie roll her eyes while smiling. The two then went upstairs to Rosie's room like they always do but since summer Stiles had acted more awkwardly when entering the girl's bedroom. "Can't believe you punched a werewolf."

"Yeah, pretty badass weren't it." Just as he spoke Rosie's phone vibrated again like it had been doing repeatedly on the way back from the clinic. She took one look at her phone and put it down again. "Aren't you going to answer that?"

"Is it bad if I don't want to?"

"Depends who it is." Stiles walked over and sat on her bed leaning on his elbows as he talked to Rosie who sat on her dressing table chair.

"Sam." His heart dropped. "He's asking for a proper date just me and him."

"Um are you going to go?" Rosie sighed and then strolled across the room to sit next to Stiles on her dark green covers. "You know on the date."

"I should but his idea of a date is to have sex in the back of his car in the school carpark." They both smiled in amusement at each other. "But that's not what I want. I'm not a hopeless romantic like my brother but I still would want something better than losing it to someone in the back of their sweaty dads' old car."

"Lose it? You mean you haven't had sex yet?" Now she sat up and looked saddened at him which contrasted the fireworks erupting inside him.

"How many boyfriends have I had Stiles?"

"I uh-"

"None. That's the answer. Do you know why?" Her blue eyes glossed over as she spoke and he shook his head in response. "Because every boy I've ever liked has never liked me back and I just don't feel good enough you know. If that makes me a prude then so be it but I don't want to have my first time with someone who doesn't actually want me."

As she spoke tears dropped down her face slowly as she relived every moment of falling for someone who didn't want her, especially one who would later leave. But what did she know about love or liking someone for that matter, she was in fourth grade? She knew nothing about love.

After she finished speaking she quickly wiped her tears and laughed at her self. "Look at me getting worked up over nothing."

"Hey its not nothing and trust me I know exactly how you feel." He cupped her cheek as he wiped any excess tears away. "You're more than good enough for the stupid boys that don't like you, they don't even deserve the liking you have for them. You deserve the world Rosie McCall and if they cant give you that then you're just going to have to marry an old millionaire."

"Thanks Stilinski." She chuckled as silence was sprung between them as Stiles' hand was still on her face and she stared into his hazel brown eyes. Once he realized his hand was still glued to her face, he removed it quickly and got off her bed animatedly.

"Well is that the time got to go, see you in class." And then he was gone, leaving Rosie and her constant vibrating phone alone. Once again, her phone vibrated but it was not Sam, it was Lydia. She was asking if Rosie wanted to tag along with her and Jackson to watch the notebook, to which she replied yes.

*

"I am not watching The Notebook again." Jackson angrily spoke as the three were sat in Lydia's car outside of the video store.