Chapter Thirty Nine- Pins and Needles

The jeep jolted to a stop, which also ended the conversation. They were now outside the sheriffs station and were looking in at one of the night guards.

"Okay, now the keys to every cell are in a password protected lockbox in my fathers office.  The problem is getting past the front desk."

"Ill distract her." Derek said, while turning to face the woman in the window, as if it was easy. Then he began to open the door and get out the jeep confidently.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. You? You're not going in there." Stiles stopped him and gripped onto Dereks jacket. Derek said nothing but looked menacingly at the grip Stiles had on him. "I'm taking my hand off."

"I was exonerated."

"Yeah but you're still a person of interest." The girl in the back joined in.

"An innocent person." He protested, still wearing the same stern and serious face from earlier.

"An... you? Yeah right." Dereks eyes still remained wide open as Stiles spoke to him, almost mocking him. "Okay, fine. Whats your plan?"

"To distract her."

"How? By punching her in the face? Maybe do what you did to me and shove me up against a wall in my own house?" Sarcastically, Rosie once again jumped in before Stiles could say something.

"By talking to her."

"Okay, alright. Give me a sample. Pretend I'm her. What are you gonna open with?" Rosie tried as she attempted to make sure this would not go wrong. At first Derek looked away and then back at Rosie, looking her dead in the eyes, almost smoldering. "Dead silence. That should work beautifully. Any other ideas?"

"You sort of gave me this idea but I'm thinking about punching you in the face."

"Hey. No punching girls. Remember rule number one if being in this jeep. Don't hurt Rosie, okay? So go in there and do your dead silence, it will charm her." Derek then got out of the jeep and strutted towards the entrance to the front desk, ready to distract the woman there.

Rosie and Stiles followed slowly behind, making  sure to leave distance between them. The two watched Derek flirt with the woman for 2 minutes before Stiles led the way into his fathers office. She closed the door behind them, making sure not to make any loud sounds which would alert anyone.

"How did that even work?" Stiles said as he pressed numbers into the keypad at the back of his fathers office.

"I don't know but he wooed me the first time I saw him." From across the room Stiles had opened the keypad to find no keys in there. He groaned and then walked out of his fathers office into the bright corridor, rosie once again following behind.

In the bright corridor they were looking for where the keys were or whether Stiles' father was here. Once turning the corner, they were met with a sheriffs deputy, making both of them jump. The deputy immediately looked at Rosie while holding two needles in his right hand.

"Whoa. Uh, just looking... Um..." Stiles' eyes then lowered to the deputy's leg where his leg was bleeding, indicating the injury from Allison earlier. "Oh shit- Rosie run."

Rosie attempted to run but the impersonator got hold of the back of her sweater and dragged her low enough so he could stab the injection into her neck. As he did so, Rosies breath was taking away at the pain of the injection but not at the pain of the wolfsbane.

"No!" Stiles shouted as he watched the imposter drag Rosie away and towards the holding cells. He ran after her until he got to the room of cells and the man dropped Rosie in the centre of the room as he looked at the empty and ragged cell before him.

Almost automatically Isaac charged for the hunter and fought aggressively with him while Stiles went over to Rosie. Her head rested in his lap as he pulled her carefully away from the raging werewolf, her eyes staring at him as he did so.

"Stiles." She whispered but her voice did not sound frail like Stiles expected it to. It sounded like she normally did.

"Y-yeah."

"Its not hurting. I feel fine." Rosie said worryingly as she lifted herself up from the floor and sat up against the wall, flinching at whenever the werewolf would come close to them.

Stiles stared at her in confusion. He thought that maybe the wolfsbane didn't work instantly or it would work in a minute. Killing her instantly. His head then looked at the struggle between the two and as they became more violent he pulled Rosie in between his legs, protecting her.

Isaac then loudly growled as he bared his teeth at the hunter before continuing to hurt him. Rosie nuzzled into Stiles' chest as she watched more blood leave his body but soon stopped when she heard the breaking of glass. The breaking of the needle.

Derek had stamped on the needle and acquired the attention of everyone in the room, including Isaac. But nor for long. The new werewolf turned his head from Derek and towards the direction of Rosie and Stiles. His legs went under him as he began walking towards them, making Stiles fidget erratically behind Rosie as he attempted to peel her away from in front of him but she wasn't budging.

A deafening roar erupted from Derek which made Isaac stop in his mission to hurt Rosie and Stiles and cower down by the wall, covering his head with his hands. The two beside the wall then looked at Derek and his glowing red eyes as the alarm which repeatedly rang.

Isaac then showed his face once again but this time was his normal self but looked more scared than he had ever been. Although Stiles had not done much, the adrenaline and fear made his heart race.

"How did you do that?" He panted as he held onto Rosie, not willing to let go.

"Im the alpha." Derek replied simply as if it was not a major thing and he had not just saved their lives. Looking at the floor, the alpha then picked up the empty syringe and rushed to question Isaac. "Did he inject you with this?"

The poor shaken up boy shook his head erratically as he still sat curled up beside the wall. After the answer Derek then looked to Rosie, whipping his head in her direction.

"He injected her with it." Stiles answered his silent question as Rosie placed her hand over where she was injected. As she did so Derek knelt down in front of Rosie and inspected her.

"It doesn't hurt."

"How long ago was she injected?" The alpha questioned Stiles, ignoring her.

"2. 3 minutes? Not long. Why?" He panicked as he looked at Rosie who wore the same expression as Stiles did. She almost went as white as a sheet as she felt that the lack of pain wouldn't last long.

Which it didn't because Rosie felt a flush of nausea as she felt fluids crawl up her throat. She went on her hands and knees, crawling away from Stiles and threw up black liquid on the floor. From behind, Derek placed his hand on her back and braced himself.

"Shes dying isn't she?" Stiles asked as he blinked away the anticipated tears and attempted to stop his lip quivering. He had just got what he had wanted and now Rosie would be taken away. It was too much to handle so he let one tear drop as his breathing quivered.

"No." Derek shook his head and took his hand off her back. "Shes healing. I can feel it."

Rosie stared at Derek as she leant against the wall of the holding cell, wiping the black blood from her mouth with her sleeve. She panted as she regained her breath. The girl wasn't dying. Instead she was healing.

"Youre right." He said to Stiles. "Shes not a werewolf."