Chapter Sixty One- Lahey

"Dude, I just talked to my dad, who just talked to Jackson, and I've got really terrible, horrible, very, very bad news. Worse than what i told you last night." Stiles complained, speaking extremely fast, as he sat behind Scott in class, not noticing Rosie wasn't In her usual seat beside him.

"I think I already know." Replied Scott as he nodded his head towards Isaac Lahey sitting in front of them and, to make things worse, was speaking with Rosie. Because he heard, Isaac smugly smiled and turned his head sideways to make the two boys aware that he knew the advantage he had on them.

"What are you smiling at?" Rosie asked him after seeing him look away and grin. She was stood facing towards the front of the class, back to Stiles and Scott, so was unaware they were talking about him.

"Ah nothing."

"Miss McCall, do you like to stand up during all your classes or is it just mine?" The teacher at the front asked sarcastically, waiting for the girl to be seated so she could start teaching. Nodding at her, Rosie left Isaacs side and sat next to Stiles.

As she sat down, she felt brown eyes cling to her from the boy beside her. She knew it was going to be awkward but just hoped that after time, things would go back to what they were; whatever they were. The decision she made didn't mean she didn't care for him anymore, its just everything going on recently was too much for a relationship right now.

When she walked In the class earlier, she saw Isaac sat in front of her seat idly and alone. Doing what anyone would do for someone who had carried her paralyzed body away from danger, Rosie approached him and thanked him, nothing else.

Feeling Stiles' attention was now forced to the front, she sneakily looked at him. Yet again his eyes were surrounded by dark circles and she couldn't help but sympathize for him as she was the cause of them. She just wished they could be friends again and not be so animated with each other.

"Hey, Stiles." Whispering over to him surprised Stiles as he had not expected her to speak to him so soon. His eyes widened as he waited for her to speak once more. "Do you have a pen i can borrow?"

"Yeah sure." Grabbing his bag too quickly, he accidentally emptied all its contents on the floor, resulting in gaining the whole classes attention. He frustratingly rolled his head back and sighed loudly before apologizing to the teacher for his disruption.

After finally collecting up all the scrap and screwed up pieces of paper which dominated his bag, he finally found a pen and simply handed it to Rosie.

"Thanks." She laughed and smiled at him, and expected him to do the same but he only exhausted a fake smile back.

Amongst the kerfuffle of Stiles picking up the stuff in his back, Isaac had sneakily picked up a piece of paper which looked most appealing to him as it had the girl behind hims name on it.

*

"I thought you translated the latin in the bestiary, you know when you was looking for me." Trailing off, the girl asked the two boys as they exited the classroom and entered the corridor.

"Yeah we did, but didn't get to the kanima bit. We- I only got to H. But i did search It up because its quicker, and I only found one thing online about the Kanima. It's a were-jaguar from South America that goes after murderers."

"That thing was not a jaguar." Shaking his head, Scott interrupted as he disagreed with the findings from the internet.

"Yeah and I'm not exactly a murderer." Rosie stated and said it rather loudly, almost hinting at the earlier situation between the three.

"Yeah but you did see it kill somebody, well Stiles did, which is probably why it tried to kill you. And its still trying to kill you, and it probably wont stop until you're dead." The werewolf spoke fast, mirroring how Stiles spoke when he was passionate or panicked about something.

"You know, sometimes i really begin to question this friendship."

"Yeah, that wasn't the best inferring from you there, Scott." She agreed with Stiles which once again was a surprise to him. He trailed behind the two McCalls as they walked into their next lesson, watching the way them two seemed back to normal and wondering what went wrong.

Last night, he didn't want an explanation as to why things were over with them as he just left without another word but now regretted not hearing her out. Maybe there was something better than the ones he was making up inside his head due to overthinking. Or maybe it wasn't.

The trio went inside the classroom and sat in their normal formation, immediately taking out their books, ready for the class. Jackson rushed in behind them and leant forward to speak amongst the silent class.

"Hey, testicle left and right, and Rosie." He called to them, not insulting Rosie but still annoying her. "What the hell is a Kanima?"

Each of them whipped their heads to face each other in shock of hearing the word from someone outside of their inner circle or not in Dereks pack. Thankfully, Coach wanted to start his lesson and got them out of explaining it to Jackson. Well, for now.

"Quick warning before we begin our review. Some of you, like McCall, either one, might want to start their own study groups, because tomorrows midterm is so profoundly difficult... I'm not even too sure I could pass it. Okay, I need a volunteer at the board to answer the first question. Who's got It, huh? Lets go buddy?"

During the movement of classmates around them, the trio turned to Jackson who began to describe his test he had recently passed due to Derek.

"Paralyzed from the neck down. Do you have any idea what that feels like?" He spoke through gritted teeth, obviously not knowing that two out of three of them had endured this.

"Me and Rosie are familiar with the sensation." Stiles spoke for the both of them as Rosie nodded agreeingly.

"Wait... Why would Derek test you? Why would he think that its you?"

"How should I know? All i heard was that you were a failed subject so they tested me." His focus was on Rosie now, describing what he had heard when Derek tested him.

"Wait do they think its Lydia?"

"I don't know, all i heard was her name and something about chemistry." The four teenagers did not acknowledge that the coach was approaching them and staring down at them evily.

"Jackson! Do you have something you want to share with the rest of the class?" Coach sarcastically spoke while waving his arms around dramatically.

"Um... just an undying admiration for my... my coach." To Jacksons attempt, Rosie scoffed loudly and earned a death stare from the coach so she lowered her head onto the table.

"That's really kind of you. Now shut up! Shut It!" The door to the classroom opened and everyone looked up to see that Isaac was standing at the doorway, still wearing a smug smile. "Yes, Lahey? Or are we just going to interrupt my class."

"Yeah, sorry coach. But can i borrow Rosie for a minute. Harris said she needs to do an extra test, make sure her grades are fine." Isaac lied through his teeth as he looked cunningly at Scott and Stiles, and Innocently smiled at Rosie. She looked confused at the the two boys before she grabbed her bag and walked out with the werewolf.